Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Going Crazy

Going Crazy

Please let their be a cure soon

After 21 years I'm so unhappy at the life I'm missing and how boring and problematical the future will be if things don't change.

I want my life back

Originally posted by Chris2:

Please let their be a cure soon

After 21 years I'm so unhappy at the life I'm missing and how boring and problematical the future will be if things don't change.

I want my life back
    Just wanted to say: Hang in there, Chris.

I know it's only been 7 years for Jason, but we feel the same way. If only we knew, "when" or "how much longer" it will be, it would be so much easier.

It's so very hard to keep your spirits up given the unknown of "when".

Wishing you feel better soon,

Faye

BTW The year of the Monkey is a year of Transformations: Those who enjoy risk and novelty, thrive; Those who prefer predictability and convention, wince.

Sounds like a good year for finding the CURE

Hey Chris I feel you...I always tell people this is like being in jail watching life go by and not being able to participate how you want, except in jail you know when it's going to end.

hello, chris, i´m 22 years and i was 1 year injured, i can´t do the same things that i did after my injury, drive, gym, girls, and a large etc... but i don´t think about i will be in a wheelchair all my life because i believe in a cure.
    be patient, the cure will come faster than all of us think.
    excuse my english.

I know what you're saying.We already have something that can help people to some degree. Don't give up.

Chris2,

I am a C4, C5, five years

What one man can do another can do

Chris2,

I know exactly how you feel, I feel the exact same way. Believe me, I am sick and tired of living like this also. I want my life back too. Just hang in there something will happen soon. There are many therapies ready to go into trial so just keep your fingers crossed in hope for the best.

What one man can do another can do

chris2, "going crazy" I know what you mean, I don't understand what is wrong with this world. we have a huge potential for solving this problem(sci) and getting us "living" again but most people are so caught up in all the bull s**t that they don't even spend the one second it takes to realize "yes, it can be done". Unrelated but I have to say this.... It pisses me off to no end how people in mainstream society are more interested in being entertained for a couple hours a week than putting their money towards something meaningful that would make the world a better place. by this im talking about all these "reality tv" shows like survivor, joe shmo, my big fat obnoxious husband, plus many more...I mean Jesus, how many countless millions of dollars are wasted on this crap? are our lives enriched so much by this trash that its worth it to let paralyzed people suffer instead? hell no! Also, and this is just one example of how bush has no clue/interest in easing the suffering of the world...His government spends insane amounts of money (billions/year) persecuting people who use marijuana. Why not just say " ok, this year we'll leave the pot smokers alone and take the 9 billion and cure spinal injury instead" makes sense to me but W is to evil to consider it. anyway...thats my 2 cents for today...peace

Chris- take it from me- if things do not change in 2 years, i am either going to commit harm on myself or on another person. you may not know it but we have a long list of enemies, more like obstacles who I can very easily dehumanize and take a baseball bat to.
    every day- wake up-spastic parplegia with-that's right-neurogenic pain-empty out catheter if you didn't recover enough ( like me )transfer from bed to a f***in' moving chair for heaven's sake, where we sit all day, never to stand unassisted ( without a frame and/or gym and ghastly braces ) again. I'll save the social and mental alienation for another post. there are walking scum out there able to have sex with a woman, their bodies nervous system is functioning under their wretched skin. Us nice guys finish last and have had the disatrous luck of getting injured in the one spot that cannot be fixed. HA! I never have broken any bones, not even jammed a thumb, even had any serious cuts or bruises, yet due to my first injury in my life, I'll never walk again. The irony is soo severe that one can become suicidal...and considered rational at the same time. It doesn't help that a Doctor's screw up caused mine.

sherman brayton

yeah Sherman, my injury was the only serious 'incident' that I'd ever had - I know what you mean - I used to keep really fit - but then wham and i've been sitting for 21 years - as you say a lot of serious pleasures gone and the social embrrassment factor is alway there

Have you read some Craig rehab stuff on what happens to us after many years paralysed? Geeez. I'm not hanging around for that.

Who are the sci nutters who don't want a cure?