Thread: TiLite Support

TiLite Support

I noticed a screw had fallen out of the place where you adjust the back angle. The only thing holding the back up is the screw on the other side.

I spent three weeks trying to get ahold of someone from the distributor that I got my TRa from. Everytime he called back, it was real early before I was awake or when I wasn't home.

I finally got ahold of them, and they told me to just go to a hardware store and see if I could find one that would fit because they dont stock spare screws. He did say that if he came across one that he'd bring it to me next time he was in town.

I emailed TiLite yesterday and asked them if I could order replacement screws. I got a reply today, and they said to give them my address and they'd just send them to me. I wish I had thought about that three weeks ago.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

It sounds as if your distributor is kind of lazy. If I'd been him, I'd have offered to get the screws if I didn't have them in stock.

According to the TILite parts manual, all the screws in the backrest assembly are either 1/4-28 or 10-32 button head cap screws. Both should be readily available at a decent hardware store.

It's nice that the Ti folks are helping you out. You didn't lose any other parts when the screw departed did you?

Originally posted by weekender:

It's nice that the Ti folks are helping you out. You didn't lose any other parts when the screw departed did you?
    I looked it over, and didn't see any others missing. I don't know how long it's been out, I just noticed it one morning when I was about to get in the chair.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.