Thread: High cost of Rx`s

High cost of Rx`s

My wife received a raise Jan 1 and today I got a letter in the mail letting me know that my insurance is canceled.My medications cost between 6 an 7 hundred dollars a month,and that dont inclued Antibiotics and any other meds that might come up during the month.
    I have no clue where to go from here,and after reading the letter I completely lost it!
    I`m a upbeat person and love my life even after my accident but sh#t like this makes me want to give up.. I`m so lost right now!

"The Meaning of things lies not in things themselves,but in our attitude towards them"

Why was your insurance cancelled? Were you on Medicaid? Aren't you covered under her policy from work? Does your state have an office of the Insurance Commissioner (or similar office) where you can learn about your rights and possibly file a complaint?

Here may be a partial temporary help to you , get your meds in Canada for the mean time till you find a better way. The drugs are way cheaper here And you are not all that far away. I have met several americans in doctors offices here to get scripts filled, simply because of the cost.

Maybe this link will be of some help for you. Hope it helps.

Accessing Free Medication

Raven

"Up from a past that's rooted in pain
    I rise " Maya Angelou

[This message was edited by Raven on 01-16-04 at 10:15 PM.]

Stiggy~ I have an excellent contact in Michigan Medicaid/ community living. She is a strong advocate. Private message me, or use the email address I have posted and I will pass the info along.

Also, try this site as an excellent info source

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles"....C. Reeve 1998

Aren't they required to give you some sort of notice before dropping you, so you have time to find coverage. Doesn't sound right that they can just dicide to drop you like that.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

I got a call today,somehow someone made a mistake in making adjustments in my insurance.
    These people put me through hell and all they can say is sorry!You all remember that we are people and we have rights like everyone else.
    These people treated me like shit and all i got is a sorry.Hell an a sorry and 2 long weeks.

"The Meaning of things lies not in things themselves,but in our attitude towards them"