Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you pee normally in your dreams?

Can you pee normally in your dreams?

Okay. I know we have had threads about dreams and what not, but i would like to know what happens when you are dreaming and you need to pee?

Maybe some of you remember this from childhood. When I was a little kid, I would have dreams about being on the toilet and the second i would go in the dream, I would go in real life.

Now when I dream about peeing it's always me running around trying to find somewhere to go. Sometimes I stand at the urinal and nothing comes out, but there is always this burning pain like someone put a stopper on my weiner.

In your dreams do you ever get nervous having to conceal things like cathedars?

I'm never in a wheelchair in my dreams, but quite often I have trouble peeing. I'm wondering what the rest of you experience?

One time when I had to go, in my dream I was standing on the bed peeing on the floor.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

WoW...Thats some deep shit!

"The Meaning of things lies not in things themselves,but in our attitude towards them"

I've had the same thing in my dreams. I had to go, but nothing would come out.

wierd

I dont remember most of my dreams, but I did remember one from a few weeks back where I was standing at a urinal listening to myself peeing. I was pretty surprised. I miss pee'ing.

i dream the same thing. sometimes pee comes out, sometimes not. sex dreams are weird for me, i'm doin' it but i can't feel my dong usually. i'm never in my chair in my dreams.

The more you dissaprove the more fun it is for me.

I've never been in my chair in a dream, but just the last couple of yrs I'm often surprising people b/c I'm AB again ya know. For a long time I'd awaken and in every way feel AB only to find reality again. I've dreamt I was moving around in bed as pre-SCI again only to awaken to reality. Most recently though I dream, that I dream, that I dream, etc, etc, that I'll awaken AB again surprising everyone, but myself. Honestly, even though it sux for reality to find me daily, I'm glad I still don't dream of being paralyzed. Maybe it's just denial or refusal to accept that I'll always be like this. Regardless, I hope I always dream and am never mentally paralyzed as well.
    Tim

I often dream that I am AB trying to go to the bathroom but I can't get the condom catheter off, which I am still wearing for some reason.

TimN, that reminds me of a dream I had the other night. I was talking to my old PT and she asked me if I there was anything new that I could do. I thought about it for a minute and then said "well I can do this now" and I stood up and walked around.

Most of the time I'm not in a wheelchair at all in my dreams though.

To funny i thought it was just me! Ya in my dreams there is never a chair but nothing else seems to work properly..

''In a world called catastrope my native tongue is blasphomy''

It is funny that your dreams do not recognize our disability. My dreams have included me rolling around with wheels as feet, putting the moves on women without being able to get up to dance, and even flying an airplane from my wheelchair. The one thing I haven't dreamed about is peeing. It is probably only a matter of time, though.

"And so it begins."