Thread: tires for my chair

tires for my chair

i need new tires for my manual chair and the first time around i didn't choose for myself , now i was told there are tires with tubes and some hard tires without . i have kevlars with tubes , has anybody used the ones without tubes ? what do some of you use and what is out there ? i don't do anything other than normal wheeling , no sports , etc . how does a person decide on a tire ?????

Chester, I'd stay away from the tubeless tires...they're heavier, I think. Plus they're probably harder to push.

I'd make sure you either have a kevlar strip inside your tire to prevent punctures, or a puncture proof tube. That's a main concern, getting a flat.

Just my opinion, good luck.

-peace

Whatever your choice of tires may be I would check out www.edmond-wheelchair.com the cost of the tires I bought from them were a fraction of what I have paid at local dealer. They also have wheelchair parts.

Jack

Originally posted by rdf:

Chester, I'd stay away from the tubeless tires...they're heavier, I think. Plus they're probably harder to push.

I'd make sure you either have a kevlar strip inside your tire to prevent punctures, or a puncture proof tube. That's a main concern, getting a flat.

Just my opinion, good luck.

-peace
    i see your in minesota, snow. i run primo allterain tires year round, no flats great traction, i usually get bout 4-6 mths out of a set