Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many hours of housekeeping do you need a week.

Originally posted by Shannon:

Originally posted by AnnaBanana:
    washes my weiner woofie
    Just wondering, what is a weiner woofie?

Alive for 33 years
    T4/5 complete for 25 years
    Mom for 6 years
    A dachshund

Oh, okay. Thanks!

Alive for 33 years
    T4/5 complete for 25 years
    Mom for 6 years

I'm fortunate enough to have a housekeeper twice a week for 4 hours each day. Since my husband is still working, he tried to keep up the house chores when I first injured but it was too much for him. She comes Tuesday and Friday that way the house is clean for the weekend. My housekeeper is wonderful she does more than just clean and wash clothes, she sometimes shops for me as well.

MJ

The lady who helps me come on Tuesdays and Fridays for aprox. 2 1/2 to 3 hours each time.

The heart seems to have its reasons which even reason cannot understand.

Well I lost my first appeal. So I get one more chance. I get 4.5 hours a week for cleaning and grocery shopping and 3.5 hours a day personal care which equal 30 hours a week. They say someone with my injury should only need 21 although there is funding to 27 so I get 3 extra.

I am so frustrated.

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow"
    ~ Anon

Does your level of injury dictate how many hours of housekeeping care you get? I am currently seeking this type of help and the battle is just beginning. I currently have someone come in for 3 1/2 hours per week and the insurance company thinks this is unreasonable. Any input is appreciated.

Originally posted by Emi:

Well I lost my first appeal. So I get one more chance. I get 4.5 hours a week for cleaning and grocery shopping and 3.5 hours a day personal care which equal 30 hours a week. They say someone with my injury should only need 21 although there is funding to 27 so I get 3 extra.

I am so frustrated.

~ Anon
    Hey Emi where did you come up with those numbers? Is that somekind of WCB guidline stuff?

''Shoot the protester ya cant stop the protest.Murder the rebel ya cant stop the rebellion''..

They say someone with my injury should only need 21
    How do they figure how much care time someone with your injury needs when they don't live with that injury? Especially when no two injuries are alike.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Originally posted by Shaun:

I am so frustrated.

~ Anon
    Hey Emi where did you come up with those numbers? Is that somekind of WCB guidline stuff?

''Shoot the protester ya cant stop the protest.Murder the rebel ya cant stop the rebellion''..
    Those specific hours were negotiated with WCB for my self managed care contract. They break down like this:
    Meal Prep - 60 min/day
    Shower and bathroom cleaning - 20 min/day
    Bowel Routine 60 min/day
    Dressing and undressing - 30 min/day
    Transfers 30 min/day
    ROM - 30 min/day
    Laundry - 60 min/week
    Grocery shopping and misc. - 90 min/week
    Dr. appt. 6 hours/year

They say I already get 3 more hours than my medical class is allowed and 9 more than a C 7/8 should need (how they know that I have no idea). And they say my house is modified so I should do more. How does my house being modified enable me to sweep, mop, clean the tub, shower, backs of counters? I can't use the stupid drop down shelves they installed so I can't put the dishes away.
    When I got out of rehab I got 40 hours/week wih no problem and I lived in a 1 bedroom apartment. I dropped down to 24 when I went back to school because I didn't have time for school and 40 hours a week.
    I think the real issue is that they think I'm trying to get more hours because my fiance is my PCA. While I think they are taking advantage of him. IF HE WASN'T MY PCA NO WQAY WOULD 30 HOURS/WEEK BE ENOUGH. Since when does 3 meals/day take 60 min? Or a bowel routine 1 hour?

This last appeal was by the review board and I don't think I presented my case well enough. The next and last appeal is at the Appeal Board and I get an oral hearing. Does anyone know of any case studies etc. I can use? Any suggestions on presenting this?

Oh and I get 221.00 a month for an independence and home maintenance allowance. This is supposed to cover housecleaning, mowing, snow removal, gutter cleaning, taxis etc. etc. Give me a breaki! A once a week housekeeper costs that much alone!

~ Anon

HUH! Thats the first time ive heard of this.I get that 221.00 a month to, ya it doesnt go very far does it.Your claim is in BC right,same as mine..