Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DA: Beaumont BBQ?

DA, I'm so glad you mentioned PappaDeaux's! Every time I go through Beaumont, I see that place and the parking lot is jammed... good sign. And we've got a Luther's here too. It's not Cajun, but, next to Dwight's Restaurant, it seems to be a big favorite with the local/Cajun BBQ crowd.

Yep, mesquite is a must ... bigbob mentioned that earlier.

And you STILL haven't given me the name of the restaurant in the rough area!

marcomao, right off I10 headed toward SAN ANTONIO is a town called LULING, TX i can promise you that they have the best BBQ i've ever eaten and i've had my share.

Thanks glomae. I've been thinking about taking the children to San Antonio this spring ... do the whole River Walk thing, etc.

What's the name of the restaurant?

Martha2 - Like the new handle!

Is pappadeauxs a chain? I seem to recall eating at a similarly named restaurant in Houston years ago.

Originally posted by Wesley:

Is pappadeauxs a chain? I seem to recall eating at a similarly named restaurant in Houston years ago.
    houston has a pappadeauxs, but they also has a pappasitos and pappa's...it gets confusing.
    check out the website.

http://www.pappas.com/

Thanks Jackie! This is the deal: I'm a mid 40s, suddenly-found-herself-single-again woman who's trying to keep life as simple and stress-free as possible. Having to explain to every person that I meet on this forum that "I'm a GIRL!" didn't exactly boost my self-esteem or sense of femininity. Using my real name seemed to solve that problem.

Wesley, I THINK it's a chain but not in south Louisiana where I'm from, although it's got a very Cajun sounding name. AAA-EEE!

Martha,
    i live in the bmt area--well actually in orange and i know exactly the place your talking about they have really good bbq--well let me know when you passing through again
    amber

Martha--there is a place in Vinton, Lousisana about 30 minutes from bmt. going towards lake charles and it's called Cowboys Cajun Restraunt a friend of mine family owns it they have the best steaks,, stuffed crabs and boiled crawfish when they are in season--you should try it out----

Harlan's Barbecue in the Houston Intercontinental Airport.