Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Things that make you go wtf

this one really boggles me....going into a parking lot, and cars WITH handicapped stickers are parked in the space marked off for a van lift?

You can live a happy life with SCI...but don't ever become content with it...

How about senior citizens that use the malls to jog in....park in handicap spaces, jump out in their jogging shoes to jog around the mall????????

Shannon
    C6/7 incomplete

I had to reply to metronycguy...about using the handicapped spaces.

I have a handicapped placard for my state. My disability is a birth defect of the hip, a limp, and arthritis. Sometimes, it is pretty hard for me to even go and pump gas for myself, much less go through a store. But, I don't use a wheelchair, or anything, except a cane on very rare occasions. Guess I would rather grin and bear it.

But, I said all that to say this...in MY state, the Handicapped Placard is given only with a Doctor's written approval.

And you have to pause and remember that not all disabilities are visual. There could be someone with a heart condition, or something of that nature...

And that is a true disability...

The strain from the exertion of walking could set off an abnormal heartbeat. And could cause the person to become so tired that they could not walk a long distance back to their car, if it were parked further away.

Just the view from my vantage point.

Take care, God bless...

Teena

Originally posted by jayday9:

this one really boggles me....going into a parking lot, and cars WITH handicapped stickers are parked in the space marked off for a van lift?

That's one of the things that really burns me up. If they are disabled you'd think they would be even more considerate about how they park. So many idiots use the cards issued to family members to get a easy parking space up front. Of course we can forget about getting any enforcement about the fraudulent use of someone elses h/c parking permit. If we can't get them to tow illegaly parked cars without permits there's no way their going to check ID's on people suspected of using a parking permit belonging to someone else. Heck, we can't even get any real enforcment at the VA hospitals, even in the w/c drivers only parking areas. They have way more h/c parking spaces than you'll find anywhere else, and yet these crittens still park in the spaces reserved for w/c drivers.

I no longer will say anything to people who illegaly park in handicapped parking. I had a guy pull a gun on me a couple of years ago after I said something to him when I found him parked in the lift access space beside my van in a Wallie World parking lot. I wasn't even rude to him, as a matter of fact I was going out of my way to be nice about it since I was on vacation with my family. Of course he was long gone by the time the cops got there. I don't scare easy, I've had guns in my face before, but that was the first since I've been in my w/c, and I don't mind admitting that it scared me a little bit.

Linda H.

"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know."

For some reasonthis makes me think WTF!!

Andrew

So there we were, Two against ten thousand.
    **** we killed those two!!

how about this:

when you drive into the school parking lot. plenty of empty spaces around(because everyone's gone for lunch), but that grey van that is always by the janitors office door is parked in the striped zone between the handicapped spots, even though it would be closer to park where they normally park it.

or the computer class teacher that parks his little square scion thing diagonally in the handicapped spot and the loading zone. or the other computer teacher that does the same thing with his pickup, while the school resource officer that passes through there pretty often, has done nothing about it! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!

wow, that was crazy. deep breaths, deeeeeep breaths......

i see a lot of people have the same problem as me...lol...

these people that park in the striped areas...i'm not sure if they just don't care, or truly are that ignorant? oh well...ignorance is bliss...

Originally posted by jd87:

how about this:

when you drive into the school parking lot. plenty of empty spaces around(because everyone's gone for lunch), but that grey van that is always by the janitors office door is parked in the striped zone between the handicapped spots, even though it would be closer to park where they normally park it.

or the computer class teacher that parks his little square scion thing diagonally in the handicapped spot and the loading zone. or the other computer teacher that does the same thing with his pickup, while the school resource officer that passes through there pretty often, has done nothing about it! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!

wow, that was crazy. deep breaths, deeeeeep breaths......
    Have you asked the officer to do anything about it? What about asking for help from the priciples office, if none of this does any good then you will have to take it to the school board.

Linda H.

Originally posted by Linda H.:

Have you asked the officer to do anything about it? What about asking for help from the priciples office, if none of this does any good then you will have to take it to the school board.

Linda H.
    yep. they don't give a crap.

Active July 2005 all children under 8 years old in Indiana must be in car seats or booster seats in a car. However, it's legal to put an infant in the back of a pick-up truck or a two year old on the back of a motorcycle. My youngest sister turns 8 in January! We had to buy her a booster seat for her to use for 5 months!