Thread: NEED Help; ''login'' problem,,,

NEED Help; ''login'' problem,,,

Hi all,,, now that my schedule has calmed down significantly[for awhile], and winter has set in, i want to get back onto the boards, but can't.

I'm having a problem trying to ''login'' here at CC. I believe the problem is on my part, my pc. Hopefully some ''techies'' will have some suggestions.

Here is what is happening;
    I BELIEVE, the problem is on my part, but can't figure out why.
    ''hopefully, a techie with pc tech knowledge you can figure it out.
    ----1= i have my old original desktop pc. the password works fine, allows me to post/reply/enter.
    ----2 = i have a 6 mos old laptop. was having severe problems w/
    ''pop-ups''. so i called toshiba tech support. they helped me to find and elimiate ''spyware'', which had penetrated my laptop. we
    also adjusted the ''cookies'' thing to ''low allowance.'' SINCE this
    point, ''i cannot login with the my password password.

,,,,,,,,,ASWELL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i just set up a ''new test''
    register/login name. it will work on my old desktop, but not my new
    laptop.

i hope the above info can help figure out, what may be
    wrong. hope to hear from y'all soon. Much THANX,,,free.

Freej - Hopefuly deleting your cookies, as Wise suggested in his email reply, will do the trick. Please let us know. Thanks.

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

Good luck! Wish I could help! To me it sounds like a privacy settings issue, or maybe cookies arent enabled. I dunno, i'd have to be sitting in front of it.

--fast

ps. If you cant fix it. I'd be glad to send you my pcanywhere host and remote access your machine and try in solve your issue. I did tech support for 2 years.

thanx guys im working on it. talk soon.

Yahhhhhoo,,,,,,,finally.

Jeff 'n ''Fast'',,,, thanx for the suggestions/help. I cleaned out[[deleted]] the cookies storage. Then I readjusted the cookies ''odometer'' from no allowance to medium==this was the difference.
    thanx agn,,,,,,,,,free.

Hey Fast,,,, now that i know you're a ''techie'' i might have to hit you up infuture tech probs. .