Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how do people get away w/ stuff like this?

how do people get away w/ stuff like this?

http://maddox.xmission.com/creeve.html

Forgive me if someone posted this already. Click it if you want to see the worst, politically incorrect bash of the year. Stupid free speech.

Seriously. It irritated me & I figured I'd post & stir up some heated discussion.

peace,
    ~ scott

There is comfort in knowing that for every asshole like this guy, there are hundreds of wonderful people here at CareCure.

... ummm... cuz we in Amerika??

Actually, this page made me "laughing out loud" literally, LOL, even this second time around!

I think it's great that we in this country CAN voice personal opinions whenever and however we like. errr.. wait a sec .... that's not exactly right now, is it. *hummppfff* Thanks, Mr Bush

Originally posted by chick:

I think it's great that we in this country CAN voice personal opinions whenever and however we like. errr.. wait a sec .... that's not exactly right now, is it. *hummppfff* Thanks, Mr Bush
    GMTA?

-Steven

I've never understood why the person who offers a publicly negative perspective on something is regarded as a despicable, controversy mongrel while the one that openly reinforces a positive side is a heroic, worthy advocate. Maybe the advocate is truly an asshole and the mongrel is doing just as much for promotion by offering a devil's advocate position. I found this article humorous and insightful. And despite what many may think here, no, I'm not a CR hater, I don't think he's any more important than the next person with SCI and shouldn't be regarded or esteemed as such. His WORK and EFFORTS are admirable for being in the public limelight, but that's about it. This guy's just offering his opinion same as anybody else. So what. Why should it affect you in ANY manner?

Originally posted by PoOpOnStRaT:

So what. Why should it affect you in ANY manner?
    point well taken. it doesn't. i just thought it was rather distasteful. i can't honestly say i didn't get a little grin out of it either, but it's still wrong no matter what way you look at it.

but then again, maybe it's just the inclusion of the SCI topic.

I agree with chick. I mean, the guy obviously writes these editorials for shock value alone, and to get really offended by this is beneath me. That's what he wants, right? He goes out of his way to offend EVERYBODY.

The guy does have some valid points,Reeves set up his foundation for self serving reasons, he's looking out for number 1. We just get to reap the benefits-increased public interest, research.

Originally posted by Kanuck:

The guy does have some valid points,Reeves set up his foundation for self serving reasons, he's looking out for number 1. We just get to reap the benefits-increased public interest, research.
    Agree 1000000%.

I love the article! Great post! I laughed so hard I had tears! Anyone ever wrote his "not for profit org" foundation asking for any type of assistance? I have a few times as well as many other BS .org sites. Great article, I love it!!!

--fast