Thread: Beds

Beds

What kind of bed do you have? I have a hospital bed with an air mattress, but I want to get in a regular big bed already I'm just scared of getting a pressure sore. I'm 2 years post and no pressure sores and I want to keep it that way.

My husband and I have two twin electric adjustable beds pushed together. We can be together but he can still sleep comfortably. The matteress is foam with an egg crate on top. He has slept on that combination for atleast 10 years with no pressure sores. Our bed before that was a waterbed but he bottomed out when he leaned over one night because of spasms and got a really bad pressure sore. What we have now keeps our bedroom from looking like a hospital ward!

Borg-Warner hospital bed.

Alan

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

I was thinking of getting a king size temper pedic it folds n massages too but is a little expensive like $4,300(I think its worth it, but havent tried it over night) oh lifetime warranty

Just a regular ol' bed. I get up every 4 hours or less though, and turn over too, so keep that in mind if you are concerned about sores. On the other hand, most of the hospital type beds I have seen were worse than a mattress, steel sheet with a couple of inches of padding, maybe a regular mattress is better after all? Dont tell that to the high profit hospital bed makers and salespeople though

i have a special posture pedic waterbed mattress, i'm a para so no problem getting in and out...quad would be difficult probably...but i love my bed...........

Koran Verse 9 : 11

-- For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome
    Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of
    Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair, still more
    rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and
    there was peace.

Originally posted by Marcos:

I was thinking of getting a king size temper pedic it folds n massages too but is a little expensive like $4,300(I think its worth it, but havent tried it over night) oh lifetime warranty
    Tempur Pedic and it is the most comfortable bed I have EVER slept on. Be sure to keep in mind that if you get dressed in your bed, it may be much more difficult. The bed sort of conforms to your body, so it is difficult to move around alot. Another problem for people who self transfer, is while placing your hand on the bed for support, the mattress sinks way down and I found it almost impossible to transfer. My hubby built a frame around the bed like the ones from the old waterbeds. He covered it with foam and vinyl. This is what I used to hang on to while transferring. I waited for 33 years for this bed and I am so happy I got it! (In my opinion, it is worth it!)

Good Luck,

Pat