Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Broken mirrors and shattered dreams

Broken mirrors and shattered dreams

About 2 weeks before my accident I broke a mirror in my appartment. I figured 7 years of bad luck and it would be over

I think there has been some mistake. If anyone is listening, its 7 years now. It wasn't supposed to be like this. Can we just sort it out, I'll apologize, beg for mercy or whatever I need to do to start over. C'mon, please ... ?

Dont leave me like this?

---
    ps For those of you who think I've lost it, this is just my way of dealing with anniversaries.

AO-
    The year I broke my neck was the only year in my life that I didn't eat black-eyed peas on New Year's Day. I keep a can sacred in the cupboard now!

C5/6 incomplete, injured Aug. 2000

Come on now guys, let's not be too ridiculous.

I dont think it is ridiculous. I have about 30 pennies in my pocket that I have found (heads up) on the ground since taking Jess to PW. If I change pants, I put the pennies in the pocket of the clean ones. I also carry a cross, a picture of Jesus and a letter from someone saying that they see a miracle is coming for Jess and his family. It is practically shredded from carrying it so long, but I feel good when I have it there. Ridiculous? Maybe. But sure isnt hurting anything.

lindsey, what's so ridiculous about it? whatever keeps you going is how we all deal with this bad luck that we have encountered. my accident was august the 13th,1999, it was friday the 13th.every friday 13th i am extra cauious for myself and my family. i'm not saying i believe in supasition but even if someone does i don't find that ridiculous at all, just another way of coping. lol gloria

I remember pleading like that, AO.
    Always wished some dude somewhere who decided I should live like this was listening. It makes me sad reading that.

I was injured the day before my sixth birthday. They didn't even let me light my birthday candles, damnit.

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." - Oscar Wilde

Globe, my accident was 5 days before my 21st birthday, and I tried but just couldnt even blow out one candle lying on my back in traction , so we have something (vaguely) in common.

Sometimes it does feel like this has happened to the wrong person, some cosmic error that could be corrected if you could just chat to the guy in charge.

If you figure out how to chat with him, get his address, I'll send him black-eyed peas as a peace offering for whatever I did to step on his toes.

Black-eyed peas are a tradition as much as superstition, one year of my life I didn't eat them, was at a KC Chiefs game instead. There's no denying that I broke my neck that year! Lindsay, doesn't your family have any silly superstitions like that? It's not just my family, go to any grocery store in the south on New Yrs Day, they'll be out of b-e peas.

AO, are you feeling any better?

I broke my big full length mirror the week before my accident.

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow"
    ~ Anon

Originally posted by Emi:

I broke my big full length mirror the week before my accident. I only use unbreakable mirrors now.

~ Anon
    ~ Anon