Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cool, just got a All Terrain Vehicle

Cool, just got a All Terrain Vehicle

http://www.off-road.com/atv/tboss.html

Got it for only a Grand on Ebay. Looking forward to doing some riding again, I use to have one of these and it is a good machine. It is fairly easy to get on and off even me being a t-4 complete and it is real easy to ride. Just one lever for the brake on the left handlebar and a lever on the right for the gas. I love riding in the woods, plan on taking some trips up to the berkshires and new hampshire next summer.

"Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Gadget-boy strikes again! You have the coolest toys...

sweet! I was thinking about getting a quad, but I don't have anything to tow it atm. That looks fun as hell, Curtis. Rock on.

Curtis, Cool toy ya got there.......I have a four wheeler now but have never even gotten on it. My question is..........how do you get on it and what keeps your feet on the foot pegs?

Jack

It was 15 years after being a T5 para that I got an ATV and got back in the woods, was almost as good as sex lol, I have a MAXX 2 http://www.maxatv.com/maxii.htm it also floats on water, I also bought a Ventrac 300 a few years ago that you roll your chair up on, close the ramp and go, not as much clearance but is great getting around farm checking fences ect. http://www.ventrac.net/products/PowerUnits/300/
    wish these toys did not cost so much though,, sounds like you got a good deal on ebaY,,,

Curtis, how do you strap yourself on? I've been thinking of getting an off road quadrunner. How do stay on without losing your balance?
    thanks

Looks like a lot of fun times ahead Curtis..but the same think is running through my mind as rdf..how do you stay on the damn thing??

Its no problem staying on, I never once fell off my last which I had from 1990 to 1995. For the foot rests there are large floorboards on either side and as long as you wear some good boots with rubber soles my feet seemed to stay planted there, even over bumps. The best thing is just to not ride too crazy, like back in my dirt bike days, as I can imagine if you went to fast over a series of bumps you could end up doing a flying W and end up on the ground. When going faster you just have to hang on for dear life to the handlebars. Thats one reason I try not to race people and just ride at my own pace. They can definetely be very dangerous, look at what just happened to that Osborne guy, Has anybody heard how his accident happened?

"Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by parafarmer View Post
    It was 15 years after being a T5 para that I got an ATV and got back in the woods, was almost as good as sex lol, I have a MAXX 2 http://www.maxatv.com/maxii.htm it also floats on water, I also bought a Ventrac 300 a few years ago that you roll your chair up on, close the ramp and go, not as much clearance but is great getting around farm checking fences ect. http://www.ventrac.net/products/PowerUnits/300/
    wish these toys did not cost so much though,, sounds like you got a good deal on ebaY,,,

I went to look at the Ventrac 300 but can not see how you access?

I am starting to look at atv and only found one company that has a ramp access..atv..for $16,000!
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

I have had a series of amphibious ATV's over the years. Bought a used Max 6 wheeler in early 70's. An Argo 6 wheeler in mid 80's, a new Max 6 wheeler in early 90's. Sold it in last few years as it's garage space was competing with my wife's pottery kiln and the ATV lost. If you get the amphibious ATV with the smallest wheels it's a pretty easy transfer in and out for a para. I would put my feet over the side into ATV 1st then pull myself in using the roll bar. The amphibious ATV is good to fish from until the ski boats get too close. Try not to get your treble hooks stuck in the tires while landing fish. You can drive in and out onto bank with no requirement for boat launch type terrain. Not good for rivers with current. Great for ice fishing as if you fall through you float. Not for speed freaks, top speed 20 to 25 but master of most terrains - will go where quads only dream of.