Thread: Favorite holiday songs & TV shows

Favorite holiday songs & TV shows

Does anybody have any? My favorite TV shows would have to be The Grinch (the original, thank you very much) and that movie A Christmas Story about the kid who wants the Red Ryder BB gun for Christmas.

As for songs, I like White Christmas (written by that nice Jewish boy Irving Berlin) and Silent Night.

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world...is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Almost Famous

Favourite holiday TV shows: A Christmas Carol (the black & white one with Alastair Sim as Scrooge), How The Grinch Stole Christmas (the original), It's A Wonderful Life

Favourite holiday songs: Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth (David Bowie and Bing Crosby), Eyes of a Child (Air Supply), You Make It Feel Like Christmas All Year Long (Neil Diamond)

He is able who thinks he is able. - Buddha

Don't forget the old Rudolph with the stop animation. I was so scared of that abominable snowman when I was a kid!

National Lampoon's "Christmas Vacation" Can't spend a Christmas without the "Griswalds! Haven't had a Christmas without good ol' Chevy yet. Fav tune "Happy Christmas....So This is Christmas" John Lennon.

I can't remember which show it came from but I always thought the Island of Misfit Toys was a great concept.

I can't remember which show it came from but I always thought the Island of Misfit Toys was a great concept.
    That's from Rudolph

Have a Holly Jolly Christmas..Burl Ives
    So, This is Christmas..John Lennon
    O Holy Night..by anyone

Miracle on 54th Street
    Most all of the rest too!

<"();::::::::::;~

The Christmas Story

Cynthia

"Grandma Got Run Over By A Reaindeer"

Alan

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

songs - Christmas wrappings by the waitresses and little drummer boy

I really like the christmas special with heat miser...year w/o a santa claus? no too sure