View Poll Results:

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, I'll never have to work a day of my life b/c I'm rolling in $$$.

9 15.79%
  • yes, although my injury-related expenses used it all up quickly.

5 8.77%
  • yes, but I still have to work to make ends meet. (edited)

7 12.28%
  • no, I lost my legal battle.

5 8.77%
  • no, I never had a case in the first place.

31 54.39%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: poll: settlements, law suits, etc.

poll: settlements, law suits, etc.

I'd assume most legal cases are confidential, so just vote & remain anonymous... unless you care to share...

but I'm curious... did you receive a settlement of sorts because of your injury?
    _

I can't really vote because there are no appropriate options for my case. Yes I have a settlement. The money was put away for me to use when I needed it. Almost 19 years later, I put a chunk of that money as a down payment for my house. The rest of it is in savings, I don't live off of it. That's what my paycheck is for

None really applied because I'm on WCB so I have a monthly pension and they cover all injury related expenses.

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow"
    ~ Anon

You can't sue a tree.
    I do however get 66% of my yearly gross divided into nice monthly chunks, untill I get a job which pays more.
    So I could sit back and collect that for the rest of my life. but I'd rather not.
    Medical expenses will be covered for life.
    Adaptive equipment also covered.
    Retraining? Yup, get $$ for that as well.

I have a pretty good deal, but I'll trade for something as small as feeling and not walking instead.

http://krstofer.org

I'm with KRS, can't sue a tree even if it kicks your a##. No settlement, no insurance, no nothin'....good thing I'm employable!

I don't think any of the choices apply to me either. I did get a settlement from the insurance co. of the driver I was riding with (who came out of the car with a cut).

We had to get a lawyer to get anything out of them. They tried to rip us off, and didn't pay for squat while I was in the hospital and rehab.

I've never cared for lawyers, but this guy was great. He didn't charge a percentage, he charged a flat fee of $25k. He got them to pay us the full coverage of the policy, and somehow got BC/BS and Medicaid to give up their rights to compensation from the settlement.

He set up a trust fund so I don't have to pay taxes, and the govt., insurance, and medicaid can't get a penny of it.

We got a lump of $75k up front, most of which was used to pay for some little things here and there that my insurance didn't cover. The rest of that $75k was set aside for purchasing a van. I've dicided not to get a van, but instead go with a car. If there's enough left over after I get a car, I may take a trip to China.

From the monthly check that we get from the fund, most of it was used to pay for attendant care, but I'm now pretty much independent and don't need their services anymore. There are some restrictions to what can be purchased with the fund, but what we don't spend goes into a savings account.

It's not enough to live off of for the rest of my life, and I can't actually spend it myself. My mother is the trustee of the account, and she has to cut checks, and sign for the things purchased with it.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

I have a really good case to sue with, unfortunately sueing myself somehow wouldnt achieve the desired effect I would be looking for, dooh.

I was injured over 5 years ago and we are just now going to trial, my seatback in my car collapsed, the gears were defective.

Oh yes, I almost forgot, my income (monthly alotment from the injury) is tax free.
    Nor do I pay state or federal taxes on 4/15

http://krstofer.org

Yes,I had a case for a law suit but I decide not to sue.