View Poll Results:

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • I physcially can't, or it's just too hard.

3 2.05%
  • I just don't want to.

17 11.64%
  • I don't feel like I have anything important enough to say.

56 38.36%
  • I don't want to risk being flamed, or I have been flamed in the past and I don't want it to happen again.

32 21.92%
  • Other.

38 26.03%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Poll for the people who seldom or never post here

Poll for the people who seldom or never post here

There are lots of memebers here who seldom or never post and I'm curious to know why that is.

If you seldom or never publicly post here, what is the main reason? I realize it might be a combination of things, so what is the biggest reason?

More choices in this topic

Shannon
    33 year old T4/5 complete
    25 years post

[This message was edited by Beaker on 11-12-03 at 02:23 PM.]

[This message was edited by Wise Young on 11-18-03 at 03:37 AM.]

I have been seeing a lot more names that I don't recognize right off, and notice that they've been registered since 01 or 02. Could it be that the China news bumped some folks up to start posting?

Ironic that "they" still haven't replied or posted - lol

...I'm sorry but I find it pretty amusing.

I wonder how many dont speak english as a first language. I know how it is to write in german, and I get nervous about grammer and spelling mistakes.

"So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

I have a job that takes up 60hrs a week and 1 little girl. I check for new post but seldom add my own.

Similarly, although I try to keep up to date on new postings, between work, school and whatever, I find that I don't have the time to respond to the many topics that I would otherwise like to.

ChrisD,

Some people even find posting online intimidating. It might just be easier for them to read others post and find some relevance in what others say.

Or they may just be crazy, wacked out devos, what do I know!??!?!

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." - Oscar Wilde

Originally posted by ChrisD:

Ironic that "they" still haven't replied or posted - lol

...I'm sorry but I find it pretty amusing.
    Hi Chris, when you wrote "they" who were you referring to?

annabell,

noone other than those who don't care to post.

This is what I find amusing. A poll about those who don't post = a thread with no posts.

Because why would someone who doesn't or rarely post all of a sudden respond to a poll about not responding / posting? lol

...clear as mud, I know...

As Jesse Jackson would say "The point is moot".

I didn't think anyone would post why they don't post, but I thought maybe people would be willing to vote, and many have. Thanks!

I'm surprised about the results so far. "I don't feel like I have anything important enough to say" outweighs the others. I was thinking the flaming choice would be in the lead.

When I look at the names of who all is here, there are so many names that I never see post. And then if I click on their names, I see that they haven't posted very much, or at all.

If anyone would like to be heard, but does not want to post for whatever reason, feel free to email me and I will post your words and you will remain anonymous. klix@earthlink.net