Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 110

Thread: Life with the Ti Lite ZRA

  1. #1
    Senior Member canuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    BC Canada
    Posts
    2,710

    Life with the Ti Lite ZRA

    For those who bought the ZRA (Calibon?) how's it working out for you now that you've had it for awhile? I'm 99% that's the chair I'm going with so I want to hear if there is anymore problems besides the castor issue. Just finishing the demo period on a RGK Hi-Lite, nice chair but the distributor screwed up & sent the chrome moly frame with 25" wheels instead of the titanium frame with 24" wheels I was suposed to get. Demoing the Quickie Ti next, then a ZRA.

  2. #2
    Hey Kanuck! Who are you dealing with? I'm interested in all the same chairs too, I'm still pondering.

    Go Canucks Go!!!!!!

  3. #3
    Senior Member canuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    BC Canada
    Posts
    2,710
    I deal with Creative Mobility in Kelowna exclusively except for the RGK which they don't handle.

    Originally posted by Monkeygirl:

    Hey Kanuck! Who are you dealing with? I'm interested in all the same chairs too, I'm still pondering.

    Go Canucks Go!!!!!!

  4. #4
    BCers,

    I dunno who you deal with, but I was dealing with Advanced Mobility, and I got screwed over, so if you have the opportunity to go with someone else, please do. Unfortunately, the people who work there are really sweet, and one is a good friend. And as a result, I accepted the chair even with the wrong measurements, and the wrong recommendations by the person who measured me. I also had problems with my racechair, and I had ordered it through them.

    I want a new chair so bad, it hurts, but because I just bought this piece of crap four years ago, I can't afford one right now.

    "To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." - Oscar Wilde

  5. #5
    Senior Member canuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    BC Canada
    Posts
    2,710
    Kiran Motion Specialties on Rand Avenue is the official Ti-Lite dealer in VAncouver if your looking for somebody else to deal with.

    Originally posted by globechaser82:

    BCers,

    I dunno who you deal with, but I was dealing with Advanced Mobility, and I got screwed over, so if you have the opportunity to go with someone else, please do. Unfortunately, the people who work there are really sweet, and one is a good friend. And as a result, I accepted the chair even with the wrong measurements, and the wrong recommendations by the person who measured me. I also had problems with my racechair, and I had ordered it through them.

    I want a new chair so bad, it hurts, but because I just bought this piece of crap four years ago, I can't afford one right now.

    "To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." - Oscar Wilde

  6. #6
    Check out the difference cvarefully of the ZRA and the Quickie TI. They are both very similiar is shape, mobility but the ZRA is a little heavier. Both the ZRA and the TI just began offering the frog leg option also. The ZRA has a thicker tubing which makes it slightly heavier than the TI, but only time will tell if the TI is as durable with the thiner tubing. BTW, I went with the TI with frog legs. It was a tough decision because the ZRA is a nice chair. I drive a Jeep so weight and portability is critical to my lifestyle which is why I went with the lighter chair.

    Seems like quite a few members are from the Vancouver area. I used to live in White Rock, just south of Vancouver and miss it very much. I now live in Vermont which seems a little less civilized.

  7. #7
    Hey Kanuck! What's happening with the chairs, what do you have right now and how do you like it?

    Oh yeah, tucker if you check back here, Why would you leave an awesome place like White Rock to live in Vermont

  8. #8
    Senior Member canuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    BC Canada
    Posts
    2,710
    Back in the A-4 again, Really notice the difference lifting in the car after the Hi-Lite. I really liked the Hi-Lite except the back angles & dump were the opposite of what I am used to. RGK seems to put a lot of thought into the little details when they build their chairs.

    Still waiting for the Quickie Ti, Will be trying the ZRA Dec. 2 or 3rd.

    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Monkeygirl:

    Hey Kanuck! What's happening with the chairs, what do you have right now and how do you like it?

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    112
    Hi!
    I, too, need a new chair and I'm thinking either the ZRA or Quickie Ti. I'm interested to read your feedback on them both.
    Keep me posted!

  10. #10
    Senior Member canuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    BC Canada
    Posts
    2,710
    Well I made the decision yesterday, The ZRA is it, ride was super nice it handles well. More importantly Marty Ball answered all my questions & concerns. The chair is extremely well built. Getting the new chair in the new year.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •