Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My ramblings about 'Some thoughts'

Originally posted by Piglet:

sigh....another positive thread gone bad! Kan5a5, lighten up! If you don't want to think of a cure, just don't! And PLEASE if you and others want to rant about how idealistic some of us are, start a new topic! This is not the appropriate thread in which to do it. Thanks! Carol
    Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind. "Pooh!", he whispered. "Yes, Piglet?" "Nothing", said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw. "I just wanted to be sure of you."
    screw you! i'm new to CC, all i did was express an opinion.

you have jumped my case twice since i have been here and you think you can tell me 'lighten up'??
    i did not rant about anything. I SAID, 'it seems to me'
    a simple observation
    get your anxiety meds checked, okay HUN?
    and leave me alone!

edited to add---and yes, i have the nerve to say such things person to person

[This message was edited by kan5a5 on 10-31-03 at 06:04 PM.]

oh by the way, PIG
    what i wrote, the 'bud wiser' thing
    and calling cjo preachy was supposed to be a joke

the preachy thing was in reaction to cjo saying 'save your sermon' to one of my first posts here

joke are supposed to be light
    maybe it's you who needs to lighten up

As stated on this forum's main page:

"Express your passion for life, religion, philosophy, politics, and other aspects of living with spinal cord injury. Please be gentle and respectful."

Kan5a5, you are being neither.

Kan5a5, Dude, chill.

First impressions are lasting ones. Do yourself a favor and take it down a notch.

Let's all get along - respectfully.

Peace.

okay, i'm sorry

what's with the narrow parameters?

is this how all new folk are treated?
    don't do this, don't say that

if i forgot to say it when i arrived
    i'll say it now
    i'm not especially timid or reserved
    and i don't need daily instruction
    in how to interact with people,
    been doing it for years

cjo, i had no intention of hijackin' your thread, i'll shut up...AGAIN

none of u know the real kan. actually, he's one of the kindest and most realistic-minded people that i've met on the internet. he and i fought like cats and dogs on nm (go figure). simply put, he cuts through the bs. cut him a break!

joy
    "Now the only healthy way to live, as I see it, is to learn to like all the little every day things."
    -Larry McMurtry

I don't get it -- all the guy said is that if the "cure" meant he'd walk like crap, then he'd rather roll. the guy is entitled to his opinion.

OK, some people would rather walk like crap than roll. Personal preferance.

All kaka did was state a preferance/opinion and I thought everyone was entitled to that.

Don't get mad with somebody just because their reality conflicts with yours. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. That's life. And I guess that is my opinion

Candy

Candy Harrington
    Emerging Horizons
    www.EmergingHorizons.com

Stating an opinion is one thing. But being consistently rude when stating an opinion is quite another. (I think saying "screw you" to another member goes beyond stating an opinion.) There are MANY members of this site who exchange opinions very passionately. But only rarely have I seen people get downright nasty. I think NM experiences this sort of "nastiness" far more frequently than we do here. And I, for one, would prefer to maintain the "gentle and respectful" nature of this site.

Well, you are correct Clipper, although I can think of far worse things to post than "screw you". seems rather tame by todays standards.

In any case, I don't know what was going on in kakas mind, but he didn't say "screw you" until a few folks jumped on his case for just posting his opinion. IMHO, saying that "your opinion doesn't count here" or "take it somewhere else" or "not in my thread" is just as rude as saying "screw you".

Absent the "screw you" remark, kaka is just as entitled to an opinion as anyone else here, no matter how long he has been sci or a member of this forum. One persons opinion is just as valuable as the next.

Outside of vulgarity, if you (the collective you) don't like the opinion you read, then just scroll past it. It has just as much right to be here as any other.

Candy

Candy Harrington
    Emerging Horizons
    www.EmergingHorizons.com

Originally posted by candy:

In any case, I don't know what was going on in kakas mind, but he didn't say "screw you" until a few folks jumped on his case for just posting his opinion.
    candy...only kan knows what was going on in his owm mind...

joy
    "Now the only healthy way to live, as I see it, is to learn to like all the little every day things."
    -Larry McMurtry