Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My ramblings about 'Some thoughts'

oh my!! I haven't had time to "crank the computer" until tonight and apparently I've missed out on a lot! Kan5a5, and please don't take this the wrong way...but, your "screw you" post to me made my day! I'm not trying to be sarcastic when I say, it made me LMAO!! I can't remember the last time someone said "screw you" to me and for some reason that just struck me as hilarious!
    The other stuff you said was pretty funny too! I don't know why...it just struck me that way! Anyway, I have not intended for any of my posts concerning you to be taken as "jumping on you"...you asked to be dealt with gently in an earlier post...all I ask is that you give to the other people what you ask for...what you say to me is no big deal, but it hurts me when I see people that I have grown to care about be treated as if their feelings are wrong....I'm sorry if I have made you feel that I was jumping your case....that was not my intention...my intentions were to simply express MY opinion. Anyway, thanks for making my day!! I hope you are having a good weekend!! p.s CJO, this is the last I will post in this thread...I'm sorry it went so far off topic and I was part of the cause of it. I hope you are doing well CJO!

Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind. "Pooh!", he whispered. "Yes, Piglet?" "Nothing", said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw. "I just wanted to be sure of you."

I think I read once that approximately 20% of people with SCI have some type of neurological pain. I guess it's possible for someone to accept SCI if they are not in constant pain. I guess it's possible for someone to accept the wheelchair, especially if they have their hands. But every injury and person are different. Circumstances are different. A person can laugh and joke and have a great attitude outwardly, yet still not really be happy. As for us, ever since we got home, I have been reading everything I could, hoping to find help. We can never give up. We wake up every morning hoping that things will get better. I know we have alot to be thankful for, as there are many less fortunate...and my heart goes out to them. We want a cure.

[This message was edited by hope2findacure on 11-06-03 at 05:13 PM.]

Originally posted by Piglet:

Kan5a5, and please don't take this the wrong way...but, your "screw you" post to me made my day! I'm not trying to be sarcastic when I say, it made me LMAO!! I can't remember the last time someone said "screw you" to me and for some reason that just struck me as hilarious!
    The other stuff you said was pretty funny too! I don't know why...it just struck me that way!
    see?!? he grows on u...like a wart!

joy
    "Now the only healthy way to live, as I see it, is to learn to like all the little every day things."
    -Larry McMurtry

Happiness . . . I like it. Simple and straight forward.

So what makes you happy?

The warmth of the sun on your face.
    A good joke.
    Sharing good times with friends.
    Spagetti, corona, and a good cigar.
    The smile of a two year old child at Christmas.
    Going 120 mph on an open freeway.
    A cup of hot buttered rum, a warm fire, and someone special next to you.

only to name a few things.