Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IMS or VMI minivan?

IMS or VMI minivan?

I like the IMS but a salesman is really pushing the VMI. he says he has seen a lot of problems with IMS and they have poor customer service. anyone know which conversion system is actually better? And has the least problems?

I like my IMS. No problems.

http://homepage.mac.com/bradd/Menu9.html

Brad

Have you looked at Rollx? www.rollxvans.com Admittedly, mine doesn't get much use, but it's worked fine.

Alan

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

Have you looked at the Braun Entervan? I tried both an IMS and Braun, and I liked the Braun better. Both are similir, but the Braun conversion just looks cleaner.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

I'd go with the VMI over both Braun & IMS. I currently have a Braun, and it works well (although a decade old)... but I flew out west in the spring & rented a '03 VMI & I was impressed w/ how well it was constructed. You really can't go wrong with either of these 3 companies, but I too have heard reports of more problems w/ the IMS conversions. Listen to the salesman this time around.

I had two VMI vans which were a pain. I chose IMS for my third van and haven't had any problems in the two years I've had it which is more than I can say for the VMI's. Exiting and entering is much simpler and quicker too.

I find that there is no room to move around in the mini-vans.This is what I went with..
    I replaced the lift with a ricon and I had them install auto doors.

"The Meaning of things lies not in things themselves,but in our attitude towards them"

I think it is probably a crapshoot as far as problems. I asked this same question a while back and could not find any consensus.

I ended up buying a VMI with the in the floor ramp and so far it's been great. We had a full-size van before and never had any major problems, but the minivan is so much nicer and feels more normal compared to the full-size. I always felt like I was riding in an ambulance in the full-size even though it had a ton of room.

I just recently got a Pontiac Montana with a Braun conversion. This setup came with a 12" lowered floor rather than the standard 10" on most models, which I absolutly required. Otherwise I would have had to go with a raised roof or a full sized van.

It looks nice and there is still enough room for me to drive in fowards turn around and drive out forwards in a quickie 626.

hmm...
    now the Braun is sounding good...
    jeff b- got any pics?

thanks for the input!