Thread: sliding boards

sliding boards

what are easy sliding boards to use that a quad can handle for car transfers? what are the ones with notches cut out to hook on the wheel and not slide? anyone have links?

Originally posted by Starfish:

what are easy sliding boards to use that a quad can handle for car transfers? what are the ones with notches cut out to hook on the wheel and not slide? anyone have links?
    ok boards. i just bought an ultraslick, i hate it. my favorite is the accesible designs board w/ hand slots long ways instead of across. it has antislip stuff on the bottom that works incredibly well.
    as for use. i slide my board under my cushion so it doesnt hook your butt while transfering in the car. imo its the only way to guarantee it doesnt slip.
    hope this helps

I just use a regular wooden board. it has two holes cut out that makes it easier to position it. plus it is a little longer than my other boards because of the larger gap between me and the car.

I'm not sure what boards you're talking about. maybe somebody else will know? but, I searched around and found these.

" The best way to predict the future is to invent it."
    - Alan Kay

Yup I agree with fuentejps that the Accessible Designs boards work great for me too. Short one for the home and extra long board with notch that grips the wheelchair tire for car and handcycle transfers. The underside traction material on the board gets placed 'Where I'm Headed' rather than under me - just found it works better (especially when it's a transfer from the shower chair and I've put lotion on the board!!)
    Here's your link: http://www.accessibledesigns.com/newtransfer.htm

sarah,
    call accessible designs, its in san antonio on grissom rd. todd hargroder is the owner, quad, super nice guy, he'll hook u up with whatever you need cause there are tons of sizes and different hole cut outs.

fuente-
    what was wrong with the ultraslick?
    are the handles going longways easier to handle?
    i have a long one with sideways notches and it is a little akward.

i am seling a a all aluminum board works great shawn25@shaw.ca

Originally posted by Starfish:

fuente-
    what was wrong with the ultraslick?
    are the handles going longways easier to handle?
    i have a long one with sideways notches and it is a little akward.
    yup those hand holes screw me up. accesible designs is the best. only diff i do is put the anti slip side under me not my destination

hi starfish
    i have both the ultra slick and the accessible designs. they both work good. i use the short ultra slick around the house, but use the accessible in and out of car because it's longer. the long ultra slick just seems too heavy and is not as easy to use as the other two. if i had to pick one, id go with the short ultra slick.