Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: My diary: Building a new home

Clipper, awesome pics, beautiful home - congratulations!

When do you expect to move in?

Originally posted by Chris Chappell:

Clipper, awesome pics, beautiful home - congratulations!When do you expect to move in?
    Thanks Chris! We're moving the end of June. So much to do!

In that dining room into kitchen and living room shot, the house looks like it goes farther back than the exterior shot led me to believe. It was probably just the angle of the exterior shot though.

It's beautiful! Love the floors and windows. It's so nice and bright.

Alive for 34 years
    T4/5 complete for 25 years
    Mom for 6 years

Looks real good Clipper, love those hardwoods. Looks like a good lift setup too. I have a lift going downstairs, but it is just a chair lift and I have to transfer, I get tired of doing so many transfers just to get downstairs. I have often thought about welding a platform to the chair frame so that it will carry the whole chair down the stairs.

Its funny, that shadow in the first picture looks like the jolly green giant, lol.

hi Clipper. I've enjoyed following the house plans. What are your upstairs floors? hardwood?
    Everything looks great.

"I guess pain is a great motivator."- Yanni

Originally posted by nate007:

... the house looks like it goes farther back than the exterior shot led me to believe ...
    You are correct. The house doesn't look very deep from the outside. I've attached a photo that shows the shape of the lots. Mine is indicated by the blue dot. Narrow, but long.

Originally posted by Lizbv:

What are your upstairs floors? hardwood?
    Yes, hardwood upstairs too. I almost went with carpet upstairs, but decided against it because of wear and dirt created by my chair. Grrr.

Wow Clipper....Beautiful, especially your livingroom with the deck off it like that. The doors, windows, floors, "Absolutely Gorgeous" I'm jealous, ya lucky bum! Hey, you deserve it...Enjoy!

oh, my goodness! what a well thought-out houseplan! those windows are gorgeous, plus they disprove the rumor that the pacific northwest is rainy 365 days a year!

steve and norm would love it!

good luck,

joy
    "You've got to learn to love the little things in life in order to be happy, like a sip of whiskey in the evening or a beautiful morning sunrise."
    ~Gus McRae, "Lonesome Dove"