Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: This really sux

I graduated Magna Cum Lush as a fraternity member of Phi Tappa Kegga

...hey whatever works. It's all in the name of progress...

Originally posted by Bryant:

Update, everybody. I don't hate life today! Everything's copacetic in my lil world once again (I can't make any promises 'bout tomorrow though). Since academic achievement seems to be a source of great pride on this board, allow me to state that I earned my BS in computer science, from LSU, magna cum laude .
    as one who gradutated with the same degree last may, if those higher level math and programming courses didn't make you feel like life sucked, THEN there would be something VERY wrong with your head.

in my last semester we were assigned to write a compiler including:
    <UL TYPE=SQUARE>
    <LI>A program to grab tokens
    <LI>A recursive descent parser to recognize logical structure
    <LI>Error recovery functions
    <LI>A program to construct a tree of linked nodes
    <LI>A program to keep track of a variable's scope
    <LI>A coercive typing program to promote integers to a float (real number) if operands are not of like type
    <LI>A code generator[/list]
    for a pedagogical language called C--

it was huge and time consuming

all this during a time when just wheeling toward my computer made my stomach turn

congratulations

"Originally posted by kan5a5:

if those higher level math and programming courses didn't make you feel like life sucked, THEN there would be something VERY wrong with your head."

Guilty as charged.

"in my last semester we were assigned to write a compiler including:"

That actually sounds like fun... I'm finally working on an interpreter for a logic language [think Prolog, with extensions] I described on here about a year ago. For fun, and for use in research.

-Steven

Originally posted by Steven Edwards:

"Originally posted by kan5a5:
    if those higher level math and programming courses didn't make you feel like life sucked, THEN there would be something VERY wrong with your head."

Guilty as charged.

"in my last semester we were assigned to write a compiler including:"

That actually sounds like fun... I'm finally working on an interpreter for a logic language [think Prolog, with extensions] I described on here about a year ago. For fun, and for use in research.

-Steven
    FREAK!

Note: To the lil' rays of sunshine that can abide inflammatory talk

I'm kiddin'

Thought I was starting to get a handle on this whole new life only 18 months but was starting to get back to as normal life as possible (yeah right) Back to work for a months now, walking with braces and a walker not far or fast but moving. Then woke up this morning to a driveway drifted full of snow and no way to get out of the house let alone to work. Just sat and wondered how much longer I am going to be able to live like this. Thank god for true friends twenty minutes later two snow blowers and one snow shovel I am backing out of the garage and on my way to work only to sit in the car and wait for 10 minutes until someone else shows up so that I can make sure I can get in the building due to the snow sitting in my chair with 15 below zero wind chills stuck in the snow is not my idea of fun. Sitting here now feeling like a three week old baby dependent on all those around me to make sure I survive another day. But such is the life of a C6/7 quad in Rural North Dakota

I hear you Nevada!! The weather and immediate environment play a huge part in adapting to SCI! It's a very real issue not to be taken lightly.Not simply solved by picking up and moving (from family,friends,all your support system)not to mention the financial part of it. Try to focus on what you've accomplished in a relatively short period of time - 18 months is still so early to expect so much from yourself. We are 5 years into this and Winter is definitely the toughest season for us!! Just do what we all do - use this site and get rid of it (the frustration I mean) all...its helped our house more than I can ever say to come here and blow off steam.

P.S. Its especially hard at deer hunting time... he still goes out to the "turkey cabin" but I know its just not the same for him! :sigh: We get through it and move on some how!! Stay strong!

just wondering...

Bryant,
    What do you do for fun? Real HOOT stuff. What do you do that makes you feel good? Forget 'pride'... what have you done when you are saying quietly to yourself... whay to go; that was fun....

Maybe you need a few booster shots on the fun stuff.

Or... it could be Louisiana that's the whole problem.

(grinning now, reflecting on the glories of growing up in Franklin Parish)