Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kids for inspiration

Kids for inspiration

"And I want to hold you, Protect you from all the things I've already endured.
    And I want to show you, To show you all of the things that this life has in store for you.
    I'll always love you, The way a father should love his daughter."
    Was listening to Staind's "Zoe Jane" this morning and this struck a chord. I try to keep a positive outlook but I'm coming to terms that I'll probably never get the opportunity to realize the dream of writing a song like this for a lil rugrat of my own. I tend to live this through my friends' kids now.

Those of you with kids, care to share some of your more fond moments, memories, and joys of parenthood with those of us that haven't had a chance to share in this yet?

Strat-
    Great question w/ too many answers, I'm still processing. It made me think, so many stories in a short lifetime!

BTW, why are you depriving the world of an eccentric and hilarious little sexually confused hippie twinkie? We need more of them, please reconsider...Beth

Never say never, Strat!

My son's urologist's office is plastered with pics of little babies he's helped SCI couples conceive!

Or did you mean you'd never find a woman willing to put up with you?!

The moments happen daily. My youngest (5 years old) scored his first goal in his hockey game last night. He was VERY proud.

Creed's "Open Arms" is another good song regarding kids...

gvinton. NICE! that's gotta make you proud as well. and I agree, that's another great song.

Marm & Beth: omg. can u imagine if someone could put with my antics? what would she do with the seed of my loins running around rampant too? hope's always there, just facing the reality of my situation too.

I see pink elephants and flying jackasses.

Originally posted by gvinton:

Creed's "Open Arms" is another good song regarding kids...
    Are you talking about "With Arms Wide Open?"

Cool song, VERY overplayed in my area though.

There are so many of those moments! Last year I attended the 5 year anniversary celebration at the Keck Center, and brought my children with me to meet Dr.Young. It was a lovely event but the greatest part was the role that my son played by his own initiative. At age 11 he immeditately appreciated the attractive young ladies that were serving the refreshments and he talked his way onto the kitchen staff! Later my boy was working the room with a tray of this and that, chatting and shmoozing and just being himself. As I was introduced to people all through the room by Dr. Young, I was greeted by people with big smiles.."Oh are you John's mom?"
    This was one of my shining moments as a mom. I was so proud of that boy and at one point I turned and saw my young man approach a "nice quad guy" lower to his eye level, offer him a bite to eat and then neatly pop the food into his mouth for him. It was a smooth and fluid movement, designed to make both of them feel comfortable....I saw that and I thought..."YEAH, thats MY baby!" But if I said it out loud, I think he would kick me!!!

So don't tell him I told this story ok?

Mary

Okay, this isn't what you are really looking for, but...

When my daughter was really young, (still in diapers but old enough to talk), she saw her dad in his underwear. She said, "Daddy, you have poop in your diaper".

More along the lines of what you are probably looking for...

The other day after I picked her up from school, she was playing on the playground with friends. There was a girl with Down Syndrome and the other kids were being mean to her. Even though my daughter is very shy and didn't know this girl, she went right up to her, looked her in the face, and said, "Would you like to play with me?"

Hi Stratman,

My husband and I have had many, many fond moments and memories of the joys of parenthood and they are all precious to us. This is a "funny moment" of grandparenthood.....

My husband was home alone with our 3 year old Grandson, and he had just gone to the bathroom on the toilet. As my husband was helping him to wash his hands, he very seriously looked at his Grandpa and pointing downward, he said "this is my peenus and (pointing to his backside), this is my poonus".

We had a good chuckle about that one. Kids really are precious.

Darlene