Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Trip

My Trip

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know my boyfriend and I are leaving for our long awaited vacation this afternoon. As usual I'm totally freaked out by taking the plane trip as an SCI. We won't be back until late on Monday 10/6. I'll be in touch when we get back. I want to tell everybody how much I appreciate your support and help over the last couple of months. You've all been wonderful to me. and I love you all.

Cathy

parapal

I would say good luck, but I don't think you'll need it; you'll do fine. Have a great trip!

-Steven

Heyyyyyy Nutters!!

Make sure you get a popsicle on the plane. I hear airplane food can really SUCK.

By the way... you can start your membership in the mile high club too

Ill miss ya, silly nut. I KNOW you are gonna have a blast like you usually do. I can't wait to hear the crazy stories of your trip after you get back! and you KNOW I'm wanting details, don't ya girl???

Love ya babes

have fun
    where are you going?

HAVE A BLAST!!!

You are totally ready and going to be fine

MoodyMcMoody

Originally posted by parapal:

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know my boyfriend and I are leaving for our long awaited vacation this afternoon. As usual I'm totally freaked out by taking the plane trip as an SCI. We won't be back until late on Monday 10/6. I'll be in touch when we get back. I want to tell everybody how much I appreciate your support and help over the last couple of months. You've all been wonderful to me. and I love you all.

Cathy

parapal
    Cathy,
    Enjoy your flight..
    The weather for this weekend is forecasted
    as beautiful...the regular forecast really.

Beaches should have some good rays.
    Hope you are going to do some sight-seeing
    thingies.

City Walk is neat. All the amusement parks are great even if you can't participate in
    all the rides...hey were else can you meet
    a mouse with no fingers!

Don't miss the Sunday Champagne Brunch at
    the Proud Bird..LAX area..but really great
    seafood/champagne and alike a WW2 airplane
    museum..you can spent hours just looking at
    all the exhibits..and the music is so special.

The museums are very diverse and pretty darn
    good quality for the west coast.

And if you have time...a drive up the coast
    holds wonderful times in store..chair or
    not.

ENJOY!!!

If you can dream it..you can
    do it. Walt Disney

Awesome Cathy, I am sure you will have a great time.

I meant no harm in bringing back your earlier post I hope you know, I was just thinking a leg cast might actually be helpful in preventing questions, I was looking at some older posts.

The First few years of SCI can be very tough, but sounds like you are dealing with it and doing well. I thinking staying in touch with people who have been there done that is very important and helpful and probabley in the long haul elimates a lot of the despair.

"Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Hi,

We got back last night and overall the trip was good. I had some great times and some scary times. We went to Disney and Universal as well as Beverly Hills and Hollywood. I have been to these places before but never in a w/c. Life is certainly different. Most things were pretty accessible and there were a ton of people in chairs at both Disney and Universal. I let Tom push a lot at the parks and think that if I go again I will rent a power chair. Tom lifted me in and out of some of the things where I didn't want to stay in the chair. As you all know I was petrifieed of flying and that was probably what I liked least about the trip. We did get bumped into first class probably cause I was crying and shaking so much. I hate that aisle chair and being strapped into it. I had a couple of drinks and hugged Tom the whole flight. We did laugh a lot and do some crazy things and overall I had a great time. It's just tough to get used to doing everything in a wheelchair. We met some really nice people and went to dinner at City Walk with a couple we met at Universal. She is in a chair too but has MS. The House of Blues was neat. We went shopping on Rodeo but of course couldn't afford anything. We ate in some great restaurants and it wasa good to get away. We came back first class also. Next week I go to Atlanta by myself for a meeting.

Love,
    Cath

parapal

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip, para... and congratulations on overcoming your fears to do the things you want. That is a big [huge, tremendous, gargantuous ] help when going after things in life.

Good luck in Atlanta!

-Steven

Way to go Cathy.

I realize this may sound hollow but it is meant sincerely when I say; It gets easier with time.

You're still very new to your injury and all of the adjustments but it sounds like you're making great progress. Stay