Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monster Garage: Mercedes SUV WheelChair Accessible (video clip)

Monster Garage: Mercedes SUV WheelChair Accessible (video clip)

On todays episode of Monster Garage, they converted a Mercebes SUV into a cool blue flaming wheelchair accessible SUV. For those who did not get to see the show I captured the last segment of the finished product. I uploaded the clip to a site for you guys to see, you will need Windows Media Player to run it.
    -The video clip wont be on the site for long, watch while it's up.

http://www.shakirafan.com/scene0036.wmv

That was a great Show. I know Ed, I have ridden my Handcycle with him a couple of times. Good guy. I liked Jesse James comment "Just because someone is all crippled up does not mean they are still not a good guy", lol. That guy cracks me up. The Mercedes turned out great. At the end they knocked on the door of a newly injured guy and gave him the keys. Then Jesse sped away in his beefed up custom truck, good show.

"Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

[This message was edited by Curtis on 09-30-03 at 09:11 AM.]

Which one is Ed? Great clip, I'll try to catch the show. Thanks!

He was the Quad with the crew cut. Its amazing he can even ride a handcycle, I think he is a c-5,6. He used to be a pro Motorcycle racer (Road bikes), I guess he crashed at Louden N.H.

"Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

I'm not waiting around for 10 mb to load with dial-up. Can someone post some pictures of it somewhere around here?

Dude- how did you end up on my msn? Was that from this site or from somewhere else?

Sweet ride

Originally posted by mikes4x4s:

Sweet ride
    http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/mo...pisode_28.html

I watched it last night with my son. We thought it was pretty cool. When Jesse gave it to the kid, did anybody catch how fast he said he was going when he crashed his car. I thought he said 137 mi. an hour.

A couple of things got my attention. They put a nitrous oxide system on it that kicked in under full throttle and they installed a fuel cell that didn't have an outside access. Hopefully the kid will not be tempted to use the nitrous oxide system.

Ronnie

i caught it too , i t was good, great work on the suv , not a easy adaptation to the transfer case

Originally posted by rapid 524:

A couple of things got my attention. They put a nitrous oxide system on it that kicked in under full throttle and they installed a fuel cell that didn't have an outside access. Hopefully the kid will not be tempted to use the nitrous oxide system.

Ronnie
    Huh? I don't think so, it was probably the first thing he did as soon as he found out it was his! I know I would have!