Thread: Manual chair users and wet sleeves

Manual chair users and wet sleeves

It's the time of the year when it's too cold to wear short sleeves, but not cold enough to wear a heavy jacket. I cannot find a light weight rain coat to keep my arm sleeves from getting soaking wet. I was wondering if anyone knows a good solution to this problem?

Shannon
    33 year old T4/5 complete
    25 years post

I found something a couple of years ago that work awesome for me. It's an anorak from Old Navy. I paid around $10 for it. It's just a light slicker, enough to keep the wind from freezing you but light enough not to make you all sweaty. Best thing about it isit folds into itself so you can throw it in a backback or something.

Lindsay, the rain doesn't soak through on the arms from your wheels? Sounds like just what I'm looking for if it doesn't. Everything I've bought keeps me pretty dry, except for the darn arm sleeves.

Shannon
    25 years post

Nope, it keeps them covered and I don't get wet. I know the exact problem you are talking about and this was a Godsend for me!

Hmmm, I'll have to check this out. They probably don't still carry it since you bought yours a couple of years ago. Maybe I'll get lucky. Thanks!

Shannon
    25 years post

I think any lightweight gore tex jacket with cuffs that fasten tight would work. I wear a Mountainhardwear shell in the snow and more recently a lighter REI brand for rain. Both have velcro cuffs and I think my REI one has a bit of elastic in the cuff as well. They work great and look good.

JP

I have two pullover rain jackets from LL Bean that work nicely. One is lightweight and the other has a GoreTex lining for colder weather. Both keep me completely dry, even in the heaviest of downpours. Both can be found under men's clothing on the LL Bean Web site.

Thanks. Will check out Old Navy first because $10 is a super cheap, then LL Bean and REI.

Shannon
    25 years post

Shannon I think our Old Navy still has them. Go have a look. I can always send you one if your store doesn't carry them.

That's incredibly nice of you to offer to pick one up for me and send it. I'll go check out Portland's store today or tomorrow. I'm thinking that even if they don't have it, they could probably order it for me.

Shannon
    25 years post