Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: All time favorites.

Originally posted by LindsayS:

Novemeber:

I agree the book "Red Dragon" ROCKED!!!! It was my first Thomas Harris book and I loved the rest of them!!
    LindsayS
    I also love "Girl, Interrupted" Angelina Jolie was great, and what a bully lol. I was gonna put this down as my fave too but saw you already put it I like the eery its the end of the world song they play during the bathroom hanging scene...I'm sick

Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--unknown

Song - "Melt with you" - Modern English but its hard to choose out of 500+ albums.

Movie - agreed with Steven about "Shawshank" but also "Witness for the prosecution" - 1940's and "Pulp Fiction" and any "Austin Powers".

Book(s). Debbie said "Atlas Shrugged". I'd have to agree. Another favorite is Robert Pirsig's "Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance". Weird title but a great 'life' book. Also can't forget "In Search of The Lost Cord" by Luba Vikhanski (btw, a MUST read for all sci victims)

Artist: My grandmother - oils, pastels and watercolors. She's painting in heaven now.

Adding one;

Car? - Aston Martin

I am glad Steven mentioned the Shawshank Redemption. Was that not a brilliant screenplay? Wow! Great acting...fine film.

I have yet to see Dumb and Dumber but I have heard it is the silliest of silly a classic in this vein for sure...I am sure it would tickle me...I have heard clips of it on the radio of all things and I do appreciate silly yes...I think for funny movies...I really remember laughing hysterically in Little Big Man with Dustin Hoffman and also Being There with (what is his name the man that played all the pink panthers?)

I know when I saw these there were certain quips and scenes that I laughed till I cried...Oh...how I need this now...I used to have so many days of sheer relaxation I always found ways to laugh and entertain myself...boredom was hard to access still is.

Out of Africa...what beautiful cinematography and sound track...the story pained me immensely in
    a way...so did Dr Zhivago as a matter of fact...I loved them because they were real...and it
    was important for me to see how these real love story's play out with all the conflict...and all the passion.

My favorite musical...I love so many but Les Miserables was not only a wonderful score but I appreciated the story immensely in the same sense I loved the Shawshank story as well...how karma is paid.

I am so happy Stratman has encouraged me to answer these questions and over the course of many posts I am sure more will come to mind...oh yes...here is one without a doubt...

on my top ten for novels and film...To Kill A Mockingbird this was very much like visiting my relatives in my childhood...and so I often reflect on those days of childhood when time moved as slow as molasses....and the weather was so warm and our housekeepers made biscuits and ironed all of our clothes and it was so very warm and there was always a boogey man down the street. My father reminded me very much of Gregory Peck in that film...quintessential father yes great memories...

I will remember more...there are so many layers I love.

Other favorite musical...CAMELOT

Favorite book... Atlas Shrugged - Ayn Rand... I so think this should have been a film...I have read most all of her philosophical books including her treatise on hedonism..

She was interesting...

I especially liked Dagney Taggert and John Galt and oh yes...I am obsessed with trains probably why I liked Zhivago.

Janet

I have no favorites but as I type this post I am listening/watching Paul McCartney's concert in Red Square in Moscow on A&E.... thinking .... the man is genius.... a pure musical genius... thank God(?) for him... and Eric Clapton... and David Bowie... and John Denver... and the Monkees... and the GoGo's and Jane Sibery... and Jan Arden... and the Guess Who....

Thank the mother earth for music....

Sometimes it just .... takes me away .... :cool :

Peace out... man!!

Dead Poet's Society
    Shawshank Redemption
    Forrest Gump

For comedy - Fawlty Towers

Meatloaf - Bat out of Hell
    U2 - Under a blood red sky
    Midnight Oil - 10 to 1

Andrew

Welcome to the party pal!
    Bruce Willis, Diehard

November, even though it's a dark movie "Girl, Interrupted" is one of my favorites. It's a "line-quoter" movie Especially when Lisa sneaks up on Susanna and says "Scribble scribble scribble, written anything about me yet?"

I couldn't read "Red Dragon" fast enough. It was definitely a book that was hard to put down. I like the movie but it wasn't as good as the book. They didn't develop the Francis Dolarhyde character as much as they did in the book. The devoted a few chapters to his past. Hmm, this really makes me want to read it again. The character of Reba cracked me up in the movie, that chick was FORWARD! (Remember, "Man are you ever!!"). LOL Another of my favorite movie lines.

Anyway, sorry for writing a book.

Piela,

In reference to your "Pink Panther" question:

Peter Sellers.

Did you ever see Sellers play "Chauncey the gardner"? I'm not sure if the movie had the same title???

Chris D,

Yes...yes...Bunny...he was Chauncey in Being There...was that just the funniest! ...Oh I would love to see again...tell me what you thought of it?...I thought Peter Selllers is brilliant as Chauncey gardener...I wonder who wrote it.

Was Peter Sellers perfect for this part...I thought so...

Janet

Favorite book - Lightning by Dean Koontz, most of his work is a little too weird for me but this one is about time travel and I really like science fiction.

Favorite movies - The Back to the Future movies
    they're funny, entertaining movies I can still watch with my kids.

Favorite song - too numerous to mention, but I like classic rock-and-roll, Bob Seger, ZZ Top, The Cars, Pink Floyd, etc. etc. etc.

Ronnie