Thread: Care vs cure

Care vs cure

I have been battling some health problems for a week or more.

Seems that I can't get rid of a fever and a cough, plus many other complaints. There are moments that I feel so lousy with the body ache from what I believe is the fever. About a month ago, I had or so I thought, finally gotten over an URI. I believe it is back again. Also, my last severa; tests have shown that I am anemic and my anemia is getting worse. I feel so sick and tired of all this but I am trying my best not to let it demoralize me. Btw, the anemia is due to my liver getting worse.

Anyway, I called my doctors this morning and they want me to go to ER which I wish I didn't have to. Am waiting for my ride to the hospital but while I waited read something posted about "cure vs. care". This made me stop and think, which do I want right now? It made me think that we do need care just as much as we cure. Thought, if we had not had care when injured, would we still be here with the hope of cure? Also, I am certain that many others have gotten sick and needed care. Don't you all think that if not given the care you needed at that particular time, you wouldn't be given the opportunity to possibly get cured also? I am not saying cure is not important. It is. What I believe is that care is a very important part to be able to be around for whenever the "cure" comes around. For me this is very important because I want to have a cure for SCI and also for Hep C for me and I am certain others would like to be able to get well from whatever illness they have to deal with.

What do all think about this?

Raven

PS .. If I am not able to get on my computer, I will ask my son to let you all know whatever they decide to do at the hospital.

[This message was edited by Raven on 09-11-03 at 04:21 PM.]

Seems that I can't get rid of a fever and a cough, plus many other complaints. There are moments that I feel so lousy with the body ache from what I believe is the fever. About a month ago, I had or so I thought, finally gotten over an URI. I believe it is back again.

i had the same symtoms for several weeks. im still not sure what caused it. but i know how it feels. btw, i am anemic too. dont ya just hate those winter lovers.

dont wreck your brain on cure vs care. research helps for better care and research help to find a cure. if you think about it, cure and care is the samething.

There shouldn't be one or the other. Cure dollars shouldn't subtract from care dollars. Nobody should sacrifice their health today so that those in the future don't have to go through the hell that we do.

Money can take care of us now; money should also work to alleviate SCI complications by working toward healing the spinal cord.