Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: How do you Dream...?

43 years post-injury next month and I have never once had a dream of myself in the chair. On the other hand I am not running or walking either, or at least not that I remember. I just seem to be able to get to where I am going with no effort on legs that get me there but of which I am unaware.

I know this is an old thread but it is interesting. I have been thinking about this lately. I never dream that I am able bodied. In my dreams I am usually just a blob with two arms and people pull me around. I don't have legs either. I am never in a wheelchair. I rarely remember my dreams but this is what I remember. It would probably better that I didn't remember them.
    "Some days you eat the bear, some days the bear eats you?"

I often dream in this weird combination of paralyzed but somehow mobile and I often notice some recovery in my legs only to wake up disappointed.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    I often dream in this weird combination of paralyzed but somehow mobile and I often notice some recovery in my legs only to wake up disappointed.
    This is me. Always AB but the chair is sometimes with me, and I just get out of it whenever I want to, or carry it with me. Mostly just AB dreams though. I've wondered this about foreign languages, too; at what point do dreams switch languages, if ever?
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

I do not recall ever having a dream with me in my wc. Recently, however, I have gone sci fi. I have had a number of dreams in which I flew. I can think myself up like a helicopter and fly off. Still no sign of a wc.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Now that I smoke weed everyday I don't dream at all. What the hell does that mean?
    "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
    T5/6 complete

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rook98006 View Post
    Now that I smoke weed everyday I don't dream at all. What the hell does that mean?
    A VERY common side effect of regular cannabis use. Well researched and documented. It affects your sleep cycles, moving in and out of REM, and can even entirely suppress R.E.M. Sleep, leading to further physiological effects.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    A VERY common side effect of regular cannabis use. Well researched and documented. It affects your sleep cycles, moving in and out of REM, and can even entirely suppress R.E.M. Sleep, leading to further physiological effects.
    Eerily similar to how alcohol degrades sleep. Although cannabis at least does wonders for nerve pain (dissociation effects mainly, but still makes coping with nerve pain level 11 much easier).
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

I have always dreamed as if I was still able bodied even 33 years after my injury. Three things that bother me about my dreams are if there's any type of confrontation I immediately wake up. I can never remember all the details about my dreams and if they are really vivid I usually wake up with a headache.
    Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. .(John Wayne)

I have dreams that I'm walking and I'm so excited that I got better but I keep thinking I'm going to fall!