Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: parking rant

Originally posted by Theophania:

call 911 if you see a car parked illegally in a HC spot. my friend whose a para does it and gets beautiful results
    (11 was not invented for this.

Get the local #'s of the cop stations in the areas you travel most and put them in your cell phone.

I can't see being blocked in (which has happened too many times) as an emergency, unless of course you have a real legitemergency.

Originally posted by Liz321:

(11 was not invented for this.

Get the local #'s of the cop stations in the areas you travel most and put them in your cell phone.

I can't see being blocked in (which has happened too many times) as an emergency, unless of course you have a _real legit_emergency.
    At least in my town, if you call the police station direct, they tell you to call 911.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Stratman,

first of all, please don't look down upon all of us who own Mustang Convertibles. I've got one and a SCI and Placcard as well.

Maybe us Mustang Convertible people can't be all that bad after all! ... ooopps!

[This message was edited by Jan on 09-16-03 at 10:57 AM.]

Originally posted by Jan:

Stratman,

first of all, please don't look down upon all of us who own Mustang Convertibles. I've got one and a SCI and Placcard as well.

My mom's maiden name is Stratman. Originally from Germany and to the US by way of Austria two generations ago. Hell, there were 15 kids in her family. And they all had lots of kids of there own. I know more people with the last name of Stratman than any other (my grandfather died with over 100 grandchildren.)

Maybe us Mustang Convertible people can't be all that bad after all! ... ooopps!
    jan, didn't mean to offend you, my screen name here is a reference to my guitar, a fender stratocastor. and i wasn't demeaning the mustang or the driver. i was pissed that some anonymous AB person parked his vehicle half in the ONLY handicapped parking spot in the whole lot and also one of the only places i could park and still get my chair out. next time i post a rant, i'll be sure to use more generic terminology as to not offend anybody else. yes, my oops..

"Your heart is free, have the courage to follow it." Braveheart

Strat,

no offense taken... not by a long shot

it's my pet peeve, too!

Just thought it was funny that mentioned the mustang right after I posted my "wheelchair damage to interior of Mustang" post. Must have been a coinsedense.

Rock On!

That attitude got me so pissed I waited until he came out and I told him "I just got off the phone with the police and gave them your plate # and they told me it would be a really good idea to wait for them to get here." - Brad_D
    lmao, I would do the same thing if I didn't have such comtempt for the police.

I'm 35-6 years post and finally got p.o.'d enough a couple days ago to do something. The grocery store has the HC spots closest to the store like all do and a van one on end and regular next to it. Some lazy ass parked next to me in van spot making me back up and make room to open door. I honked pointed to sign and placard but he ignored me. First place I went in store was to phone store manager. I watched him running out the door when the store P.A. system came on and told the "Driver of the Brown Toyota with license #///// will be towed away unless moved immediately". Made me laugh and feel good.WR