Thread: fuzzy thoughts

fuzzy thoughts

as i sit at my desk at work, taking my lunch break, this question popped into my miniscule brain. what do you tell a cop if for some reason he/she pulls you over and asks to to please step out of your vehicle? there's not enough room for safety on the side of the road, and if you continue on to some parking lot, they might think you're trying to evade. oh the horror!!

"Your heart is free, have the courage to follow it." Braveheart

I was thinking the same thing some time back..
    What if the cop ask you to step out of the vehicle and you didnt tell him that you are parilized.What if he ask you again and you told him i`m unable to step out and he opened the door and pulled you from the vehicle.Ouch!!
    Nice law Suit..

"The Meaning of things lies not in things themselves,but in our attitude towards them"

I've had that question on my mind since I've been looking at vehicles.

I'd probably say, "I wish I could."

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Years ago, about a year after my injury, my friend was driving me around in his new car and we had a minor fender bender in a parking lot when he backed into another car. The police came and everyone was outside discussing the situation and the cop asked if anyone else witnessed anything and my buddy said that I was in the car. As they were talking, the cop came over and asked me if I had seen what happened and I said "yes." So he said "come on over here and tell us." My reply was..."I can't get out of the car" to which he replied "why not?" And I replied "because I'm paralyzed." Needless to say his temper was short because this was a little incident. Of course he thought I was being a smart ass and he came over to the car and opened the door and was about to grab my arm and pull me out and sarcastically said "you don't look paralyzed." and I said, "then what am I supposed to look like?" At this point my friend realized what was going on and yelled to him to stop. We straightened everything out and the cop left thinking I was full of crap trying to give him a hard time. Looking back on it, it was pretty funny.

Brad_D,

Nice. It's good to be able to look back and laugh about things like that.

-Lewis

I've been pulled over quite a few times. Not for any legitimate reason of course except an expired tag once and mistaken identity. Cops usually call in your tag number prior to getting out of the car. In my case, my license has restrictions on it that indicate I'm disabled (i.e., can't drive without pedal extensions etc.) so they usually know my situation before approaching the window and they can see the chair once they're close enough.