Thread: Gardening

Gardening

I picked up a few small plants at Agway a couple months ago, jumped out of my wheelchair and planted them, watered them everyday and they have spread out to this. This was a lot of fun, think I will have to do it next year. Anybody else into Gardening?

"Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Beautiful, Curtis. I love all flowers with the exception of weeds.

I have irises around my home and at this time my bouganvillea is blooming profusely. It is so breathtaking to see it every day and how it keeps blooming and growing. I hope to take a picture of it and maybe even post it here so all can view it. I also have some roses. One in particular makes my home smell and look so pretty in Springtime. It is a peace climber and the flowers grow so big.

I believe gardens full of all kinds of plants can make your day brighter too.

Keep on planting and take time to enjoy them all.

Raven

curtis, looks like you have a green thumb! isn't it relaxing to garden? looks like you have a new hobby! you can really go wild next year, now that you have the experience. i see raised beds in your future, won't even have to get out of the chair. maybe some container plants with flowers spreading out and down the deck.....possibilities are endless! debra

Thanks Lilsister and Raven. Thats a great idea, running troughs on the outside railing along the deck, the deck is 28 feet long so there would be plenty of area. It would be so easy taking care of the plants that way from my wheelchair too.

I hate the thought of loosing these plants in a couple weeks or so. They are Annuals so I will have to replant new ones next year.

"Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Some annuals will reseed in the area- so you have have some surprises next year.
    Looks awfully pretty- and addictive!

I like growing things, I just can't get down and do it yet.

I gargen every year if possible Curtis.It's nice to see something grow that you have planted.I may only plant a couple flowers and this year a tomato plant,but it's still satisfying

I love gardening. When I work in the front yard, anyone who walks by always says that my garden is beautiful.

In the back is a vegetable garden. We've been eating strawberries, blueberries, cucumbers, parsnips, green beans, carrots, and some herbs. I'd plant more if I had more room. My daughter gets a kick out of watching the pumpkins grow, so we always plant them. They take up a big chunk of the garden. We've got about 5 pumpkins growing right now.

Check out what came out of the garden today.

Shannon
    33 year old T4/5 complete
    25 years post

edited to add tomatos! How could I forget tomatos!

[This message was edited by Beaker on 09-02-03 at 08:17 PM.]