Thread: Roho Cushions?

Roho Cushions?

I went to get measured for a new wheel chair Monday. They did pressue matting with my Roho and Jay cushion to see which gave the best pressure relief. The Roho showed to be the best after getting it adjusted right by the computer. My question is after getting it adjusted it seems to be really flat. Doesn't seems like there is much air in it. Is this how everyone roho is?

Yep..that's how they work..ever thought of getting a http://www.easecushion.com/ they work great..you get 80 odd hours out of one charge..an alarm warns you when you have 10hrs left and they have an overlay for the car etc..both run off the same pump..and if it runs low in the car you can plug it into the lighter..if you buy one tell Rex i sent you..i get a fee.. ;^)

I set my Roho about 60% air and it seems to work great for me.If i`m going to sit somewhere theres a Roho under my butt. Stiggy

"The Meaning of things lies not in things themselves,but in our attitude towards them"

Many people over-inflate Rohos, which is as often a cause of skin breakdown as under-inflation. This is a high maintenance cushion. You need to adjust the pressure with changes in altitude or when flying as well.

Proper inflation can only be tested when you are sitting on the cushion. You should be able to fit the depth of your hand between your ischium and the chair seat. More than this it is over-inflated, less than this, it is under-inflated.

I myself have NO maintenance on my Roho`s.
    I have a low profile and 2 high profile cushions.
    one of the high profile is over 2 yrs old and I have put this cushion through hell an back.
    I use the lower profile in the van and its taking a licking and it keeps on ticking.
    I just picked up the other high profile for my scooter.I think the Roho cushions are low maintenance and are great in preventing break downs. God Speed Stiggy

"The Meaning of things lies not in things themselves,but in our attitude towards them"

Have somebody check. You should have two finger widths under your butt cheeks :-)

-Lewis

My husbands roho lasts 1 year, almost to the minute before it self destructs. he spends about 2 months patching it until we buy a new one. He is on it 18 hours a day usually, so it does get alot of ware. He hasnt gotten a pressure sore sence he got it. And they cant be too hard or they dont work.

MoodyMcMoody