Thread: Leave program for walking for a chance at 4ap study

Leave program for walking for a chance at 4ap study

Hi I need to know what those of you that have tried 4AP think of it. I have a chance to join the phase four trials which I understand will be the drug and not a double blind study. My problem is that the deadline for the trial is the end of the month and I had planned on staying at the walking program I am at until the middle of next month. I have a lot of tone and some spasms mostly at night in bed. I would really like to know what life is like with out my legs actting like iron rods when ever I lay down.So to those who have been in the 4AP trials or who have taken the drug do you think the rewards of it out weigh one more month of a walking program. I am looking for any advice to help me make this choice.

Charlie,

why don't you buy the drug instead of going into the trial. Try it, and see if it helps. Bob had some improvement in sensation, but it didn't seem to do too much for motor improvement. Then it just kept him awake most of the days and nites, so he discontinued using it after about 4 months. It takes about a month to ramp up to desired dosage (I think it's 40 mg/day) and same time to ramp down. You can buy it from compounding pharmacy, all you need is a scrip from your doctor... (we used Bob's SCI doc - and he had no problem with it). If you need more info, let me know... My husband keeps everything on file (like a good soldier)...

k

[QUOTE]Originally posted by krajaxa:

Charlie,

why don't you buy the drug instead of going into the trial. Try it, and see if it helps. Bob had some improvement in sensation, but it didn't seem to do too much for motor improvement. Then it just kept him awake most of the days and nites, so he discontinued using it after about 4 months. It takes about a month to ramp up to desired dosage (I think it's 40 mg/day) and same time to ramp down. You can buy it from compounding pharmacy, all you need is a scrip from your doctor... (we used Bob's SCI doc - and he had no problem with it). If you need more info, let me know... My husband keeps everything on file (like a good soldier)...

I am very interested in trying the drug 4 AP. I didn't know it was available unless one was in some sort of clinical trial. My email address is shalikas@yahoo.com. Please give me details on how I can try some. Thanks

I agree with Krajaxa. You don't have to choose.

I've read that Accorda's formulation is probably more effective (I took a compound pharmacy's time release version) but taking 4-AP while working out is probably the ideal situation. You can really maximize your time and results there.

Good luck.

I wouldn't leave the exercise program. You probably won't get an opportunity to do it again. Maximize your abilities. 4AP will still be there when you're done.