Thread: Reality TV Shows

Reality TV Shows

Does anybody actually like these shows? I was watching "For Love or Money" last night and it kind of made me sick to my Stomach. Give me back the old fashioned shows like "Bewitched" or "I dream of Jeanne" or "Gilligans Island" anyday over these shows. Maybe I am just "Old School" or something? I dont know, I just cannot get use to all these stupid new shows, for this reason when I watch TV, I mostly just Watch HBO or DVD movies, plus dont have to deal with all the Stupid Commercials too.

Thats another Complaint of mine these days too, it use to be with Commercials they had Catchy songs or Jingles with Music "You Deserve a break today", "Its the Real Thing" etc. Now most Commercials are just plain mindless and stupid, most with just Generic, plain music, if any.

"Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Curtis-
    You've got nostalgia fever, my friend. Check out VH1 this week, they're showing "I Love the 70's". It was a pretty dumb time! But yeah, the networks suck this summer. My new fave is Queer Eye for the Straight Guy on Bravo. (Homophobes, don't go here) And you've gotta see American Chopper on Discovery.

You'd better get a big gun 'cause I'm not dead yet."
    ---The Bad Examples

The only thing I really watch here is:

CNBC
    HGTV
    Animal Planet
    Discovery Channels (Science, Times, etc)
    Travel Channel
    TLC
    HBO
    movies

Only thing worth watching on Network TV is Simpsons & Seinfeld re-runs IMHO.

Betheny, I find Queer Eye for the Straight Guy really entertaining as well. Us straight guys need some serious help with style.

[This message was edited by mk99 on 08-19-03 at 08:00 PM.]

I watch network TV mainly for sporting events.

mk - I watch at least 2 Seinfeld episodes a day. Do you ever watch Curb Your Enthusiasm on HBO? Larry David was the cocreator of Seinfeld.

Curtis - I think you are getting old. Give me mindless commercials with scantily clad young women over ones with catchy jingles anyday.

mk-I'm glad to hear you say so! i know a few straight guys who've been insulted at the suggestion that they're lacking. I wish those gays would come ransack my house & my husband!

You'd better get a big gun 'cause I'm not dead yet."
    ---The Bad Examples

Theres no need to fear..Underdog is here!

I think the thing I enjoy watching most is Concerts on DVD's and TV. They have had some pretty good concerts lately on HDNET and also on the high Definition PBS local channel here. Also they have some pretty good Concerts on the Freeview Direct TV channel, the only problem is it is not in Dolby Digital so it is down converted to Dolby Pro Logic II. They Had a Bob Marley Concert last weekend and the other Night the "Bacon Brothers" were on HDNET.

I find myself mainly always going to the High Def. channels first as once you watch 1080I signals you never want to watch regular TV again.

Yep, CJO, I guess I must be getting old. There are some Commercials that are kind of Cute. Budwieser has a new one Where this guys Girlfriend is Wearing her old Boyfriends X Large sweatshirt and he offers his and she says no "yours is way too small, and you got kinda small hands too". The Viewer is left wondering what else is small too, talk about humiliating her new boyfriend.

"Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Queer Eye is the only one I watch too.

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world...is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Almost Famous

Only thing worth watching on Network TV is Simpsons & Seinfeld re-runs IMHO.
    ditto. my favorites.

Philippians 4:4-7

Originally posted by mk99:

I find Queer Eye for the Straight Guy really entertaining as well. Us straight guys need some serious help with style.
    Speak for yourself! Why would any straight guy want some gay guy gayin' up his style? I certainly wouldn't want to dress or decorate my house like a gay dude. Next thing they'll be trying to teach straight guys how to give BJ's and take it up the ass. I haven't seen the show nor do I want to cuz it sounds very uhh GAY!