Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Wheelchair - I need a good, lightweight one - want some input from users please

I was talking with someone the other day about the ZRA, and they said something about there being weak spots or potential weak spots where the casters are? Something about any chair that you can change things and adjust things then there are weak spots and places it can break. They suggested a solid rigid chair that you cant adjust because they are stronger, last longer and are more durable.
    What are everyone's thoughts on that?
    Personaly I think I would rather have a chair I can adjust that will last a little less than getting one that I regret something I cant change and be stuck with it a little longer

Shorty, your concern about adjustability is true. The more adjustability the more potential for breakage and also the greater the weight as the chair is built for it's largest possible adjustment range. In this respect, the ZRA has only been around for a month or two so I don't think such weaknesses have been revealed in the caster assembly. You may want to check with TiLite directly. Also many of these concerns become increasingly important as the user's weight increases. I'm only 155 lbs., and although I may put a lot of stress on the chair I think it would be difficult to crack the frame--but only time will tell.

Hi, the back of the Kueshall does fold down and the titanium versions are really light and easy to get in a car. Bke

Originally posted by Kanuck:

Its suposed to mean inovations in care but to me they are not the most inovative company.

[ Plus I hate the name "Invacare," which is who makes Actions.
    --
    I drive a suzuki swift, and I can put the chair in the passenger seat, or the backseat, no problem.
    --
    I'm going to get a titanium chair, for sure, but I'm still deciding which one. It's not an easy choice, considering we have almost have to live in the damn things.
    --
    But I'll keep looking, and please keep responding if you have any input.
    --
    Thanks again.

-Bob

ps. Billy, I wouldn't raise a bent nickel for the repubs (except in times of war, when I feel safer with them at the helm, hehe). I'd raise a few bucks for the dems, except I don't care much for them, either.
    So......!
    --
    Take care of yourself, stay healthy buddy.
    Write me an email sometime, maybe we can meet in Vegas one weekend and I can take your money at poker, real poker ;-)
    [/QUOTE]

I would wait to see the new TiLite ZRA or TT which should be available for demo in early september. It's supposed to be "ultra portable" and weighs 17 lbs with the wheels. The only prblem with the ZRA is it does not have the option to install frog legs if that's important to you. It is also very adjustable. I'm waiting for a demo to see it it will easily fit into the Honda Element which the TiLite TR Rigid does not.

What is the difference/benefit of a Spinergy Spox wheel compared to other wheels, like the Primo V-Trak High pressure wheel??

Do the Spinergy fit any chair? I use an Action Pro-T currently. Will be looking for new lighter/more compact chair in a year or so.

I am not sure what the primo wheel is, but my take on the spinergy wheel is that it is really light due to the synthetic spokes as opposed to steel. I am amazed how light my wheels are, and that they still hold together being that light. Now if someone would make a carbon fiber wheelchair frame, that would be awesome.

I'm starting to lean towards the Kueschall or one of the TiLites.
    --
    Who manufactures the TiLites? I'm sure it's here in the post somewhere, but I can't find it. Is it Quickie?
    --
    Thanks much
    -Bob

Its TiLite...they are a company all on their own. go to www.titaniumsportschairs.com and all the info is there.

Originally posted by *Andy*:

I am not sure what the primo wheel is, but my take on the spinergy wheel is that it is really light due to the synthetic spokes as opposed to steel. I am amazed how light my wheels are, and that they still hold together being that light. Now if someone would make a carbon fiber wheelchair frame, that would be awesome.
    Both Quickie & Invacare used to build carbon fibre chairs. I wish I was still using my carbon fibre chair

Hey Bobby, looooooong time no see! I'm also in the running for a new chair, so its been good for me to read these posts.

I currently have a Kushchall K4 too, but I havent been able to get it "right" for me. I think its a great chair, lightweight and looks good, but possibly a good chair for a lower para than me. I just found it a bit too tippy, and despite making numerous adjustments it cant be adjusted any further

hmmmm, I didnt think that a yankee doodle dandy like you would go for a chair made in Switzerland!