Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Wheelchair - I need a good, lightweight one - want some input from users please

New Wheelchair - I need a good, lightweight one - want some input from users please

Hi-
    It's time I got a new chair.
    --
    I'd like to get some input from everybody about their chairs (manual lightweight to ultra lightweight).
    --
    I'd like to know what chairs you think are the best, and which ones to stay away from.
    --
    Thanks much
    -Bob

you cant go wrong with a titanium. I have a Top End Terminator and like it very much

Sorry if am imposing rdf. I was wondering which type of chair is better for pulling behind your seat in an automobile? And do any of you have a 4 door?

Bag back 50 feet from a folding... Tried rigid ,love it, getting it..

MAD-PRODUCER--

Do you throw your chair in your ride? I have used a rigid frame for about 2 years. It seems like it would be easier to deal with a narrow chair.

rdf i use a quickie ti rigged i have it weighing in with my roho at 18 lbs this is like a porch to my other (cadilac) semi rigged chair.
    it takes me about less than a minute to break down my rigged and put it in the front seat or the back seat. i drive a 2003 4 door grand prix.
    hope this might help. you might also look at other back post on this subject

Demo all the chairs you can. Everyone is different. Consider everything you need to do with your chair.

Disassembling it for the vehicle, hand rims, caster wheel size etc.

Buying a chair is like buying a car. Make sure you find the right salesman.

rdf,

I got a TiLight TR about 2 months ago. It weighs about 16lbs and is incredibly easy to break down and put in my truck. I got a great price on it at- http://spinlife.com

If you have any more questions, let us know.

... ...

Originally posted by mattblan:

MAD-PRODUCER--

Do you throw your chair in your ride? I have used a rigid frame for about 2 years. It seems like it would be easier to deal with a narrow chair.
    Yea it take me about 10min of getting my chair in my car, then after that about taking off 3-5 peices footrest, backrest, etcetc. This chair is real bulky..

Hi. I have a Hallmark from new halls wheels. Great chair. Looks good and handles great. It is custom fit, which isn't as intimidating as it sounds. Bob Hall talks you through the measurements if you need him to. I was afraid to give up adjustability until I realized that I hadn't actually made any adjustments to my chair positioning. The Hallmark is high grade aluminum and is the same weight or lighter than comparable titanium chairs. It was no problem to break it down and throw it in my old car (subaru outback), currently I have a truck with the bruno lift system putting it in the bed.

jpw