Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there a kitchen stove with a side opening oven?

Is there a kitchen stove with a side opening oven?

if there isn't such a thing why isn't there? We don't have room for a side opening oven so if we can't find such a thing I wont be able to use the oven. Someone out there must make one but I can't find it.

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow"
    ~ Anon

Emi, are talking about a free-standing range, or a built in? I have never seen a side opening range, but there are side opening built-ins. Perhaps you could have a cabinet built for it. This also works best if you can have a countertop burner set up, ideally with wheelchair space underneath.

Meanwhile, I know many people in chairs who never use there stove. They use their microwave and a toaster oven almost exclusively.

(KLD)

Emi, I've seen British and French ovens with side opening doors - they're pretty 'chi-chi' and cost quite a bit; give me a day or so, and I'll check my cooking mags for ads.

Frigidaire makes a side-opening wall oven. However, it is very difficult to open the door since it actually "latches" shut. Here's a link:

http://www.shopchf.com/appliance/fri...02CEframe.html

Emi~The link to the oven which Clipper posted is the oven we had installed in our new, refurbished kitchen. It was very nice. We also had the builder install a pull-out shelf beneath the oven, so you could take something out of the oven and immediately set it down on the shelf below.

Vicky

Emi, I also have the side opening wall oven shown in Clipper's link. I'm a C7/8 quad with little manual dexterity and find every aspect of the oven easy to use.

I know there are wall ovens but I mean a regular stove as theres no room in the kitchen for a wall oven. I wonder if theres a way to modify a range to open sideways.

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow"
    ~ Anon

Emi, I have a friend that is a c-5 quad that has one. I will e-mail him and find out what brand it is. When he ordered it about 5 years ago it came from Germany but they make them stateside now. All his directions were in German!

They now have microwave/conventional oven that you can play center countertop. Take a trip to one out the larger home stores. this way you can try out all the buttons and doors yourself.

Here is the link. Sorry it took a while. I thought his was a whole unit but it is built in.
    http://www.gaggenau.com/US_en/Ovens.do He said Kitchenaid makes them also now.