Thread: Steely Dan Has a New Album out

Steely Dan Has a New Album out

It is called "Everything Must Go" I especially like the song "The Things I Miss the Most" I could have written that song myself, it is kind of freaky. This Album is great and really brings back memories of a lot of their older stuff. I have been a fan of these guys since the early Seventies, man time flies. Their last album "Two Against Nature" won four Grammys, I think this album is even better.

So you ask, What does this have to do with Spinal Cord injury? I guess because this group has always had amazing Imagery (being able to picture images in your head relating to music) and I think for especially mobility impared people this is a cool thing.

Here are the reviews http://steelydan.com/emgpromo.html

Also, check out the "Confessions" Video. These guys are most definetly the eggheads of Rock and Roll. More like Engineers than anything else.

"Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Yeah, I´m hooked on Steely Dan also for years. Guess it´s time to check out this new album and open up a bottle of Cardu.

"So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

i love steely dan.......well, their older stuff.
    thanks for posting this curtis, i will check the new album out
    if you have the lyrics for "the things i miss the most", could you post them here?

This album is very reminisant of some of their older stuff, I would most compare it to their "Pretzel Logic" album back from the Seventies. They split up for most of the Eighties, They both (Walter Becker and Donald Fagen) did some solo stuff during that time, Walter Becker with "Eight Tracks of Whack" and also Walter Produced albums for Rickie Lee Jones. Donald Fagen did the album the "Nightfly" and produced the album "The New York Rock and Soul Review" which I highly recommend also.

Here are the Lyrics from "the things I miss the most". They really have a knack for tying the words into the music. You gotta hear it to believe it.

The talk
    The sex
    Somebody to trust
    The Audi TT
    The house on the Vineyard
    The house on the Gulf Coast
    These are the things I miss the most

I kinda like frying up my sad cuisine...Gettin' in bed sometimes and curling up with a girlie magazine...but sometimes in the corner of my eye I see that adorable ghost and then ba-boom I remember the things I miss the most

The Talk
    The Sex
    Somebody to trust
    The comfy Eames Chair
    The '54 Strat

I had a little birdy freind...by the mourning she was gone...birdy good-bye, birdy good-bye

I'm learning how to meditate...So far so good...I'm building the Andrea Doria out of balsa wood...the days really don't last forever but it's getting pretty damn close and that's when I remember the things I miss the most:

The Talk
    The Sex
    Somebody to trust
    The Audi TT
    The house on the Vineyard
    The house on the Gulf Coast

"Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

that was fast!
    thanks cutis
    i love rickie lee jones too.....i haven't listened to her music in ages......gonna hafta dig out her albums now also lol