Thread: Rigid or folding chair for vehicle use

Rigid or folding chair for vehicle use

I've been using a folding chair with a two door car for 17 years. Is a rigid chair manageable with a four door car?

Don't know about a 4 door but a rigid is fine with a 2 door

i have a new 2003 grand prix and its a four door. my quickie ti (rigged)
    fits in the passenger seat. i take the wheels off and it fits over my body just fine. try it out with a friends four door or something.

Mikes4x4s, nice choice in a car! I wanted to get a GP also, but they stopped making 2 door versions of it (I am a tall guy with a correspondingly large chair/wheels and I thought a 2 door might be a good idea). I really wanted that supercharged engine in the GTP. Ended up buying a 03 Monte SS, which incidently will have the supercharged engine in 04, arrgh. Oh well, that new GTO they are coming out with looks very interesting.

Originally posted by mikes4x4s:

i have a new 2003 grand prix and its a four door. my quickie ti (rigged)
    fits in the passenger seat. i take the wheels off and it fits over my body just fine. try it out with a friends four door or something.
    Do people who use riggged chairs generally drive 2 door vehicles. I have never used a rigged chair and guess I need to find a way to try one out with a 4 door car.

Stephen h. i also have a folding quickie2 hp. it ways about 15 or so pounds
    more then my rigged. but i use it on occasion its the same process i take the wheels off fold it up and put in the passenger seat.

How about the new mazda rx 8 third door and all. sweat ride

I have a Quickie GPV and drive a big ass oldsmobile 98 four door I am a C6/7 and I have no problem getting it in the car with or with out my leg braces on. Wheels in the back seat chair in the passenger seat.