Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wheelchair True Life on MTV

Wheelchair True Life on MTV

Did anyone see it last night? I thought it was pretty well done and they chose interesting kids to profile. One was in mega-denial but finally snapped out of it, like "Oh, this is my LIFE now? That's what you've been telling me? OK, got it." It was hard to watch the rehab parts but fun to see the girl learn to drive. My husband couldn't watch it at all. Said it was too painful to watch and went to bed at 9:30.

You'd better get a big gun 'cause I'm not dead yet."
    ---The Bad Examples

I saw the last ten minutes. My Dr from Kessler was on it. She was standing next to the girl in the standing frame.

... ...

Hey JLB- we have the same doctor, except I don't see her anymore because going to jersey is too much of a hassle. The girl Jenn, the quad living in CA, is very much like me. My boyfriend was speechless and when he did say something it was 'Wow Kim, you have a twin!'. I think it was very well done. I liked how they didn't dramatize it and showed the people living their average life, basically. It was weird watching Jenn because it was like watching myself... the way her body moves, how she does stuff, etc. It's like I had a glimpse of myself from everyone elses point of view. I freaked a bit but I'm better now. I'm also glad to see she got some play and loved it when she said 'Just because I'm in a wheelchair doesn't mean I can't have sex'. That's my line

I saw the show and thought it was really good. It showed that you can lead a somewhat normal life in a chair. As a new para (2/17/03) I could relate to the trhings these people went through. I am 25 so I really related to Jen. I was surprised they actually showed her cathing. I had the same surgery so I do it through my belly as well. I also understand the girl at Kessler as this is a huge adjustment.

parapal

Betheny
    They usually run things a million times on MTV I hope they show this again,I did not see it but would love to

does anyone know what the name of the show on mtv was?

its going to be on again on july 20th and july 24th. Check MTV.com for times. It is called True Life

C

Originally posted by sux2sit:

its going to be on again on july 20th and july 24th. Check MTV.com for times. It is called True Life
    It was a good positive program. It will be repeated Sun 7/20 @ 9-10 am and Thurs 7/24 @ 7-8pm easten.

True Life:

These are EDT, check your TV guide for local times:

Sun 07/20
    9:00 AM

Sun 07/20
    11:30 AM

Thu 07/24
    10:00 PM

Sun 07/27
    9:00 AM

Sun 07/27
    7:00 PM

Mon 07/28
    12:00 PM

Thu 07/31
    10:00 PM

(KLD)

I saw the show and thought it was really good. It showed that you can lead a somewhat normal life in a chair.

typical selfish centered para.

why dont they ever show a high quad. show someone who cant scratch his nose, can't drive, no independents, no diginity, can't cath him/her self, can't get in and out of bed, can't breath... oh wait, forget the damn quads. being paralyzed is only about being a happy driving para.