Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: a verse for inspiration

a verse for inspiration

I know this post will get mixed reactions, but I believe if anyone needs to read this it is sci victims like ourselves...

"Our bodies now disappont us, but when when they are raised, they will be full of glory. They are weak now, but when they are raised, they will be full of power."
    1 Corinthians 15:43

It's so awesome to me when I think about it. No matter how much crap I have to go through because of this injury, it's going to be temporary. Then comes the good stuff. I will have a body full of power and glory for eternity! I don't want to come across as some kind of oppressive Bible banger, but after much consideration I thought it would be a shame not to share this with those who may not have heard it otherwise. We all have this opportunity because God loves us so much. I leave this thought with you...be open minded, and I add this link...because it's explained much better than I can type out.
    How to become a Christian

Philippians 4:4-7

[This message was edited by Joey M on 07-17-03 at 10:09 PM.]

no comment, wait, that's a comment.

Liz321,

I have the same sentiment.

Deb

Why no comment, ladies?

Joey, whatever works for you.

-Steven

Joey~

Now be honest. Do you really believe, in this day and age, here and now, that there is anyone in the world who has never heard of Christianity, Jesus Christ, or the Bible?

Just curious....
    Vicky

Vicky - I've met several. So honestly, I can say yes. This isn't the best way to describe it b/c statistically it's way off, but have you seen Jay Leno's "Jaywalking?" You'd be surprised at some folks out there. Many of us take what education we have, the amount of culture(s) we're exposed to, etc... for granted more than we realize.

I understand your inquiry, but believe it or not, there are many people who haven't heard of this "stuff" -- & then those that have heard of it, couldn't tell you any more about it... kind of like I can't tell you anything about senators in Oregon (I live in Virginia)... but I know they exist.

See what I'm getting at?

A lot of people hear, few understand the message.

Some already believe in something comparable so they don't see a reason to change.

-Steven

steven... for example?

(I'm not playing dumb; I'm making an attempt at a getting a decent religious discussion going here... for once)

Um... I think I'm just going to stay out of this one too.