Thread: whats up?

whats up?

Ok why can't we spend some money at home? Yes, we need to help others out as well but why can't we take care of our own? All I hear in the news is 15 billion here 10 million here daa daa daa daa and so on. Once again I think we need to help out to a point. Why does U.S.of A. have to fix everything or everyone in the world and neglect it's own people?

P.S. Im sorry if I offended anyone. Thats not the idea here.

Bush Stops in African Nation With World's Highest AIDS Rate
    By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
    President Bush received a raucous welcome as he arrived in Botswana with a $15 billion plan to combat AIDS.
    • Bush Pushes South African in Fighting AIDS

Some Representatives have echoed similar sentiments while discussing the Labor, HHS, and Education Appropriations bill today. It's on CSPAN right now.

-Steven

Hey Mike,
    15 billion here 10 million there Fixing the worlds problems sounds depressing, when we have our own problems right here in our own back yard.
    The fact of the matter is that every year the goverment alots a certain % of foreign aid to the world. I'm not sure but I think it is a % of the G.N.P. and I think it is a little over 1% dont quote me on that I'll have to look that up. If anybody can correct me please do.
    Jimmy Mack