Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Am I Different..

Why Am I Different..

As I get out into this big world I notice people around me treat me different,But why!
    I did some thinking on this subject and I have maybe found the answer.The reason people notice me more is because..I`m to Short!

Happy Tails Stiggy

"The Meaning of things lies not in things themselves,but in our attitude towards them"

[This message was edited by Stiggy on 07-09-03 at 12:57 PM.]

[This message was edited by Stiggy on 07-09-03 at 12:57 PM.]

Hey Stiggy,

I've got something you might benefit from:

My sign would read "Yield to quad in a hurry." I'm always pressed for time it seems and I just think normal walking speed is too friggin slow. Would I be passing people constantly, for instance in the mall, if I were walking? Hmmmm.... I wonder.

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

Let me say this in a way that might not sound like im Rude...After falling from a building,living in a rehab hospital for months,living in this chair maybe for the rest of my life,dealing with pain day in and day out.Do you think I really give a rats azz if my English is not perfect.maybe charm School might be in order and you know who im talking about.kind of sad people must attack others for no reason.Its no damn different when im out in public when people treat me like you just did.
    How So Very SAD............

"The Meaning of things lies not in things themselves,but in our attitude towards them"

Hey, I wasn't "attaking" you, I just get annoyed when people don't proofread their stuff and it's a pain to read and try to make out what they are trying to say. I blame it on my high school english teacher and her blasted attempts to instill some competency in her students.

Please don't use being in a wheelchair as an exuse for your non-wheelchair related shortcomings, it just makes us look worse.

Why?

Stiggy: All of us rolling around in chairs are different to ABs, add in other characteristics, i.e. height, girth, ethnicity etc., and we are even more different. This is a fact of our lives, nothing to get out of sorts about.
    Our differences could be used to our advantage. You and I would get much more attention lobbying for increased public accessibility than any AB. Because we communicate via this site, and do not have face time, what we write and how we write are the first impressions we make with each other. Poor spelling and/or poor grammer, puncuation, etal say something about ourselves. If we recognize this shortcoming within ourselves and choose not to attempt to improve, then we
    run the risk of having others point out these faults. I read you post twice, and you had a lot to say and what you wrote was from the heart. However, to tell us you "don't give a rats azz" about your spelling, grammer, etc., is a slap in our faces. It's sorta like having terribly bad breath and telling us take you this way, "I don't give a damn if I am offensive to be around". I suggest you lighten up on yourself and us. After all, we should be wheeling in the same direction. Keep up your posts.

what you guys are saying if someone forgets a period there stupid!No wonder this world is so messed up.;(

Originally posted by nate007:

Hey, I wasn't "attaking" you,
    Maybe you should proofread. It's "attacking". How annoyed are you now?

my bad, sorry.

Oh my, I think you people need to lighten up and stop being so harsh on eachother. You would expect someone who is 34 to be a bit more mature than to tell someone to go and visit "fudgepacker.com b/c they would accept your gay a#$!" Pulease, I think I'm even more mature than that and I'm half your age . Ease up

Holla Lataz!
    ♂♥KiTtY♥KaT♥♀