Thread: another Dependence Day <sigh>

another Dependence Day <sigh>

It's Independence Day for this country (Happy 227th birthday), but for me it just a another Dependence Day. It's the 23rd July 4th since I got mangled, and I remain a quadriplegic even more dependent than I should be due to the freaking pains that the rehab doctor told me I didn't have that are now 22 years more intense. I'm a C-5, but I can barely use my arms because of the bad shoulder blades. I read what my fellow C-5s manage to do, and it amazes me and depresses me at the same time. I should be doing those ADLs, too. Maybe someday...

On the plus side, at least I have this place for support. Thank you, Wise, nurses, and my fellow wheelers, for being here. Hopefully, one of these Independence Days we'll all be independent of our chairs, splints, catheters, suppositories, crutches, braces, and whatever else we have to use to get around and get through the day.

Hear, hear!!!!

(KLD)

Hey Alan,
    If I could take enough of your pain to be comfortable enough to go watch some fireworks tonight I'd do it. Do they put on a big display where you live? Anyway, I wish you as happy and painless a 4th as is possible.WR

Nothing I do or say can take away your pains. But I do want to wish you a happy fourth.....

Celebrating the Fourth

This is my second fourth as a para. This year I volunteered with the group that puts on the celebration in our little town. I was on stage nearly eight hours as the announcer for the six bands that performed. Did get a one hour break for late lunch and one cath session. The time flew by, I was having a ball. Got to see a host of friends and made new acquaintences. All in all a great day for me and all the folks who celebrated our county's founding. Much better than staying home and watching the tube.

Redneck posted:
    [/QUOTE] Much better than staying home and watching the tube.[/QUOTE]

Good for you as a para.

Originally posted by whiterabbit11:

Hey Alan,
    If I could take enough of your pain to be comfortable enough to go watch some fireworks tonight I'd do it. Do they put on a big display where you live? Anyway, I wish you as happy and painless a 4th as is possible.WR
    I watched the Boston display on the tube. And thanks for the pain absorption offer, but you're about the last person who I'd lend it to - you have enough of your own.

They put on a decent show at the Inner Harbor, but traffic is always a mess.