Thread: anyone remember this posted a few years back

anyone remember this posted a few years back

1. I get free money and free medical from the govt.

2. I am a para, I have a car, I go skiing, fishing, boating, I play basketball and tennis, and I scuba dive and hang-glide.

3. I get the pity I so cravenously desire, and it makes me feel as safe as I felt in the womb.

3. I am a selfish bastard, enjoying my life as a para with recreational toys. I know there are others out there, high level quads for example, who need the cure to LIVE but I don't care, as long as I have my toys and my pity, and my care :-).

4. If I accepted the cure, I would have to work a real job and compete with others. But right now I don't have to because I get the pity I deserve, and seek so passionately. I don't know how'd I get by if I lost that.

5. I don't want a cure because jesus told me so. God broke my back because he wanted to teach me something. I don't want to go against god's will.

6. The cure will mean years of rehab to obtain maximum return. I can't do that, I don't have the time, geesh, I have to spend all my time trashing cure as much as I can to protect the pity I cherish.

7. If I got the cure, those people at the gas station wouldn't pump my gas for me. That would really blow, 'specially on cold days.

8. A cure means those who are doomed to die, won't. But I'm a para. I know many people will die as I ski down the snowy ski slopes in my cool crippled cold-weather clothes, die because there is no cure for paralysis, but I can't worry myself with that, I'm a para. I know the spinal cord can regenerate neurons and axons now, which wasn't known until just a few years ago, and this means a cure is very imminent because that was paralysis emobied, I know this but I will fight to the death for CARE! We need more care, if somebody with sci is gonna die because their lungs freeze up on them because of their very high level.....that's god's will! We need care, not cure. If you are gonna get a high level injury, then it's your own fault, deal with it! I say more care!!, more toys!!, more pity!!!

9. I know that cure research gets but 1% of the money that care research does, I know this. I also know that 80% of all current and past ongoing research for sci has been in the care arena, not the cure arena. I know these things, and I believe we must keep the status quo. Our leaders know what's best for us, this astronomical ratio must be the correct way to do things relating to sci research.

10. I'm afraid of a cure, plain and simple. I'm completely terrified of having to walk upright and interact with others, and assume all the responsiblites that go along with that. I am scared out of my wits, I love my wheelchair, I kiss it each night :-).

whoever wrote this is sick!!!

"you never know what tomorrow may hold "

this is supported by major rehab centers, anti-cure group, and some researchers.

That was one of the most pathetic things I have ever read.

Yea they need they ass whoop.

DA,

Just curious where you got that info from? I wasn't even aware that anti-cure groups existed.

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." - Oscar Wilde

Uh... guys, I think it was probably meant to be satire.

globechaser82 and others you guys are too new to remembers cpn and when the forum was started. back then it was daily wars between the pro-cure and anti-cure. the anti-cure ppl said no cure is possible and all cure money should go to care. their were others who bragged about going fishing, skiing, basketball and had no sensitivity to quads who could not. thats where number 2 came in. the post was making fun of the reasons why we dont need a cure. it may sound unbelieveable to you today, but they were serious at the time.

DA,I remember those days and the tide is changing in our favor. This website and the efforts of Dr. Young should never be taken for granted. Remember how it was before personal computers and feeling hopeless !!!We come here each day and get HOPE !!!I have learned so much about my injury in the last 5 years, thanks to Wise's efforts to put into layman terms some very technical explanations of the CNS.

Thanks again,Wise !!

Mike

mike the forum changed for the better big time.

however i dont really remember a time before the personal pc.