Thread: wheelchair has road rash

wheelchair has road rash

Speaking of ti lite TRA chairs! My son, Brian,19 yrs., has one of these chairs. It isn't even 2 yrs. old, cost with cushion,back rest and different tires has been close to 7000.00. Yesterday, it managed to roll out of the back of his truck. No, the brakes were not on, and No, the tailgate was not shut. Thank God he was just at slower speed. So, now the chair is barfed up, and looks like @#%&, at least not bent up. He has to use it today in the Rick Hansen wheel, bike or walk fundraiser for SCI. Between myself and my son we raised over 900.00 for today's event.
    chris B.

Good job on the fund raiser! As a side note, I thought my TRA was overpriced by the dealer at ~$5200. Lets see, loaded TRA with fancy Spinergy wheels ~$3000, Jay back and cusion ~$700, where does the rest of the $$ come from? (Let alone all those options that get removed and tossed aside after finally getting the chair ) Of course looking at the bill given to the insurance it is all listed as misc., I wish I could sell misc., wouldnt have to work again . Not to mention looking at the sportaid site I could get all this stuff at about 1/3 off the high retail on the Ti stuff. I have to start up a DME dealership!

I think the reason chris's son chair has the higher price is because of the exchange rate on U.S. to Canadian $$$

Doooh! I forgot to see where he was from

Congrats on the Rick Hansen fundraiser....we raised quite a bit here too.....Still waiting on the final total!