Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Wal-mart parking again

I am confused about why the larger spaces are designated van only, as opposed to wheelchair only. My husband needs the wider space whether he is alone or with someone in order to open his door all the way to accomodate his wheelchair. Opening a 2 door car takes lots of space. I am feeling a bit grumpy on this subject. We just returned from a weekend away, attended a high school football game out of town and stayed in a hotel. It is always a nightmare, no matter how early we arrive at any sports event trying to park. When I cannot find a designated space (everytime) I double park while unloading the chair and hubby, you should hear the vocal and horn opposition! Then I have the chore of going off to a remote spot to park, walk back by myself and then do it all over again at the end of the night in horrendous traffic. I dread it, cause no matter how much I self talk, it makes me extremely angry. On the flip side, on the very rare occassion that I find a handicap spot and park in it because our return to the car would be manageable, I sometimes get negative comments about the fact that I am clearly not in need of the spot for myself.

They way I understand it they are designated "van accessable" not "van only" parking. I see lots of parking lots that only have "van accessable" spots.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

There is a program at our local mall where people WALK laps around the place for therapy of differant sorts.guess where they all park? How stupid is that? I talked to the director awhile back and she said there was nothing she could do as long as they has the permit to park.

"Yesterday's History,Tomorrow's a Mystery"

I meant handicap accessible van only. Sorry for the confusion.