Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wal-mart parking again

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wal-mart parking again

I was clambering into my car and watched a man pull into one of the long spaces for HC vans. I watched him jauntily stroll off. I lost it. I hollered "Hey, you can't park there!" "What?" "That is just NOT COOL!" He saunters back over. Says "This is not a handicapped space. There's no sign." I said "Dude! You're STANDING on it!" And he was. Right on the painted wheelchair. He grumbled, slunk off and left. Probably to circle the parking lot until I was gone. So he could park in my handicapped spot...

You'd better get a big gun 'cause I'm not dead yet."
    ---The Bad Examples

I cant believe how inconsiderate some people can be. When I was a/b I never thought of taking one of those spots. At least this time he came back and moved.

A couple months ago I got someone a ticket for illegally parking in a handicap spot for the first time in my 10 years as a gimp. It was right outside my apartment...I never park there and don't usually care if people do cuz I have my own covered parking. But I knew it was my neighbors van who moved in above me a couple months before and had been inconsiderately keeping me awake making too much noise ...so I saw my opportunity to get some payback and called the pigs, 20 minutes later two cop cars rolled up and slapped her ass with a fat ticket I slept well that night knowing she was gonna have to pay a big fine all because I decided to be an a$$hole.

About a year before my accident I actually got a ticket for parking in one...I was 17 at the time and at a pool hall at like 12am and was just stopping by for a lil bit to see some friends there. There were like 7 handicap spaces and not 1 was taken...I know I shouldn't have parked there but I couldn't imagine 7 gimps all of a sudden showing up to play pool, especially at 12am. But I actually use to park in them all the time...like when stopping to use a pay phone real quick, hell I remember doing that just hours before my accident! So I'm able to see myself in these punk teenagers who I see doing the same thing today. Maybe Karma will get them too. I'm a lot more annoyed when I see adults parking in them illegally.

It's not just ABs who don't get that those sideways, long as an ark spaces are for HC vans. The Walmart nearish me had to paint VAN on the pavement cause the spaces were being (half) taken up by lil cars with placards.

& the term "van" doesn't seem to have much meaning for many people from what i've seen.

So many times I find myself at wal-mart looking at those little cars in the long HC spots for vans...It burns my Butt!

"The Meaning of things lies not in things themselves,but in our attitude towards them"

Uh oh.

I have to admit that there are times that I park in the Van handi-gimp zones with my regular ole placard.

What is the etiquitte for that? I usually do it when there are only a few handi-gimp parking spaces and they are full except the van parking.

I feel like a jerk but, I find myself reasoning that:

1. It's available
    2. I have a placard
    3. There is technically no law against it if I have a placard since there is no placard for the van parking.
    4. It is better than having to walk from the far end of the lot.

I can't be the only one who has this parking lot space angst. Thoughts?

Handicapped parking is what aggravates me most!

What does a quadriplegic do who drives by himself and has to park in a normal spot or "car" handicap spot and then can't get into his van because somebody parked next to him?

Before my accident, I never parked in a handicap spot. People that do are just plain old lazy.

I think the whole system needs to be revamped.

-Lewis

Originally posted by AngelaandKC:

3. There is technically no law against it if I have a placard since there is no placard for the van parking.
    I believe you are wrong. In my town you can get ticketed if you are a car in a van spot. Regardless of whether you have a placard or not.

-Lewis

Somebody said the Magic word "Walk"

"The Meaning of things lies not in things themselves,but in our attitude towards them"